Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

DID anyone get PR cards in their mail back log?

Wikiposts

DID anyone get PR cards in their mail back log?

Old Jul 8th 2011, 1:24 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DID anyone get PR cards in their mail back log?

Originally Posted by Mdunny
landed 29th April and no card as yet. Our post (In Toronto) has only been the letters that were sent within the last week and we havent received anything that was sent during the strike.
Neither have we, yet Canada post's website say they are dealing with the oldest post first. I dont think they can be, I keep trying to catch the post man to ask him what is happening with the back log.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

i called Canada Post last week and the guy said it depends on where in the system the letters are, that they dont know (or arent saying) how long it will be before the backlog clears. I guess they were forced back to work so there isnt much incentive for them to work harder? Anyway, I met my postman this morning and he says that the letters held up are coming through more and more now. We are still only getting stuff sent the last week though... frustrating.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:52 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mdunny
i called Canada Post last week and the guy said it depends on where in the system the letters are, that they dont know (or arent saying) how long it will be before the backlog clears. I guess they were forced back to work so there isnt much incentive for them to work harder? Anyway, I met my postman this morning and he says that the letters held up are coming through more and more now. We are still only getting stuff sent the last week though... frustrating.
Our cards arrived this morning.

Hope you dont have to wait too much longer for yours
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Scotjames is on a distinguished road

Anyone received a PR card who applied in mid May this year ?
Thanks in advance if you reply
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Anna-Boleyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Scotjames,
I became Permanent Resident the 12th of may in Montreal and received my card the 18th of july... If you are in Canada I would call the hotline. They can tell you when your card will be mailed or if something is wrong.

Eva
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Scotjames is on a distinguished road

mine's in the 120 day pile for processing
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Anna-Boleyn
Hi Scotjames,
I became Permanent Resident the 12th of may in Montreal and received my card the 18th of july... If you are in Canada I would call the hotline. They can tell you when your card will be mailed or if something is wrong.

Eva
Is this long delay just a Montreal thing or might people expect similar timelines at other ports?

We're landing in Vancouver on 27th August and were kinda hoping for PR cards in 4 to 6 weeks.

Wayne.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 4:36 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Waggle
Is this long delay just a Montreal thing or might people expect similar timelines at other ports?

We're landing in Vancouver on 27th August and were kinda hoping for PR cards in 4 to 6 weeks.

Wayne.
We landed in Vancouver on 23 June and haven't had ours yet. I read somewhere on here that it takes about 8 - 10 weeks on average. That was certainly echoed by the Border Officer who did all our landing paperwork.

What is worth bearing in mind is that ICBC won't give you a full drivers licence without your PR card - they'll only do an interim one (which I only found out at the end of the process, rather than the beginning). So it is worth keeping your UK licence for the 90 days you're allowed to, in the hope that you PR card will show up before you exchange your licence for a BC one.

Good luck with your landing!
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice

Hi,
We landed on the 7 th of May and we received our daughters PR card last week.We are still waiting for my husband PR card and mine.I thought that was strange it didn't arrive all together.
Is there a number i can call from the UK regarding PR card ?
Thank you
Loetitia
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

Hi
I was given a full licence without a PR card, so I think it depends who you get on the day. I have just sent the third lot of photos off for myself and my daughter. If these aren't acceptable I'm going to camp on their doorstep until they take a photo themselves - perhaps I've got the wrong shaped face to fit their specifications
I have never been photographed so much in my life as since we started this immigration lark! I figure CIC have a whole album of my family!