Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

DID anyone get PR cards in their mail back log?

Wikiposts

DID anyone get PR cards in their mail back log?

Old Jun 30th 2011, 10:19 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DID anyone get PR cards in their mail back log?

Well, I started stalking the post man once he reappeared after his month break but still no PR cards.

Did anyone else get lucky?
Old Jul 1st 2011, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: DID anyone get PR cards in their mail back log?

Eeek didn't even think about PR cards following the postal strike.
Hope you get your PR card soon!

We're not landing until 27th August so hopefully the backlog will be cleared by then.

Any idea the average wait times in Vancouver for PR cards?

Wayne.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

badab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant future

Four to six weeks.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 4:47 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by Waggle
Eeek didn't even think about PR cards following the postal strike.
Hope you get your PR card soon!

We're not landing until 27th August so hopefully the backlog will be cleared by then.

Any idea the average wait times in Vancouver for PR cards?

Wayne.
41 Business days.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Well, I started stalking the post man once he reappeared after his month break but still no PR cards.

Did anyone else get lucky?
Nope - still no sign of mine and I landed on the 3rd March
But not too worried, back in the UK since then however almost completed on our house sale so hoping to be back in NS by mid August and i'll start making enquiries as to it's whereabouts then!
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 12:04 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I got 4 letters and got VERY excited...sadly they were telling me my pics were crap and please send more...so back to square one!
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I got 4 letters and got VERY excited...sadly they were telling me my pics were crap and please send more...so back to square one!
Oh No! you landed after me didnt you? is that good news about my pics then?

I am going to call the call centre today, see whats going on.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

41 Business days.
Ok cool.

So approx 2 months then?

Wayne.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 12:44 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Oh No! you landed after me didnt you? is that good news about my pics then?

I am going to call the call centre today, see whats going on.
I did - May 6th - so your ones are probably okay. My letter came from the office in Halifax where we signed the paperwork - not the PR Card office in Sydney.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I did - May 6th - so your ones are probably okay. My letter came from the office in Halifax where we signed the paperwork - not the PR Card office in Sydney.
I just called and got barked at by the French agent, who's English was quiet poor, anyway, after lots of repeating my self he told me the cards had been sent out on 16th June. So, back to stalking the post man Thing is, going by the post we recieved, I thought it looked as though we were up todate - time will tell.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by chobert
Nope - still no sign of mine and I landed on the 3rd March
But not too worried, back in the UK since then however almost completed on our house sale so hoping to be back in NS by mid August and i'll start making enquiries as to it's whereabouts then!
I think you should call them. We landed on 20th April and our's apparently have been sent out on 16th June.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:01 am

I just called and got barked at by the French agent, who's English was quiet poor, anyway, after lots of repeating my self he told me the cards had been sent out on 16th June. So, back to stalking the post man Thing is, going by the post we recieved, I thought it looked as though we were up todate - time will tell.
I seem to have only received post that was sent AFTER the strike had ended - gawd knows what happened to everything sent before/during....! Fingers crossed it appears asap!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

I think you should call them. We landed on 20th April and our's apparently have been sent out on 16th June.
I don't think I can call them from the UK though as the number doesn't work outside of Canada. No card but also no letter saying problems with my photo so no idea what's going on!!
Old Jul 7th 2011, 1:46 am

I called again yesterday and spoke to a really nice girl. She told me that she thinks our cards have been returned to them - Canada post's way of getting through back log? - she told me they will send them out again, if not recieved by 29th July then call back and she will send out a form for us to sign to say never recieved cards, they will re send them once they get that back.

Not sure how you guys in the UK can chase up yours, it must be very frustrating for you.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

landed 29th April and no card as yet. Our post (In Toronto) has only been the letters that were sent within the last week and we havent received anything that was sent during the strike.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.