Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Did anyone applied to Berlin office?

Did anyone applied to Berlin office?

Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

miffy80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Did anyone applied to Berlin office?

Hi guys

I am now gathering documents to apply a skilled worker sector immigration to Canada and have a few questions need to be answered.

As my hubby is Dutch, we decided to apply to Berlin office and I am curious if I need to get all my documents notarized by solicitors or notary public.

From my understanding, I only need to notarize employment contact (Is this the one with 30-40 pages that you get when you first start working?).

Also, How long did it take for you guys to get PR?
I am thinking of moving back to Canada on a study permit and wait there. (kind of worried that I might not get a study permit since I applied for PR thou)

Thank you in advance.

Miffy
Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:19 pm
nsp
Forum Regular

nsp will become famous soon enoughnsp will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Did anyone applied to Berlin office?

Hi Miffy

We applied through Berlin and got all docs certified as being true copies of the originals (except where they actually wanted the original). We have just got our passport requests recently so the whole process has taken about 12 months, Berlin definitely seem to be quicker than London.

My advice is to provide as much relevant detail as you can leaving no gaps or questions in the mind of CIC and be thorough in your application. You should do a search under my name for previous posts, I found a lot of very useful information on this forum e.g. its always wise to do the IELTS even if you have a high standard of english, this is by far the best possible way to ensure you get the language points.

Good luck

NSP

QUOTE=miffy80]Hi guys

I am now gathering documents to apply a skilled worker sector immigration to Canada and have a few questions need to be answered.

As my hubby is Dutch, we decided to apply to Berlin office and I am curious if I need to get all my documents notarized by solicitors or notary public.

From my understanding, I only need to notarize employment contact (Is this the one with 30-40 pages that you get when you first start working?).

Also, How long did it take for you guys to get PR?
I am thinking of moving back to Canada on a study permit and wait there. (kind of worried that I might not get a study permit since I applied for PR thou)

Thank you in advance.

Miffy[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:24 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Me Me Me,

I am a Berliner, too,

and there are a couple of us around here, however we are a rare species on this forum. I am skilled worker and it sounds like you are going through the spousal route about which I know very little.

However yes the employment contract is exactly that paper you are referring to, which is signed by you and your employer to agree the terms of your employment. And the copy must be notarized

I can also confirm, that al least for skilled workers Berlin seems to require less documents to be notarized than othe stations.

Also as a hint Berlin as one of very few has posted on their website a phone no. where during a specific hour of the day you can reach a real person to ask questions, for which you did not find an answer on the forum or elsewhere. It usually takes about 30 min. of redial....redial....redial to get through though.

glad to have you on the forum.

BTW there is someone called Fluffy Boogie, on this forum who will also be sponsoring a dutch spouse.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nsp
Hi Miffy

We applied through Berlin and got all docs certified as being true copies of the originals (except where they actually wanted the original). We have just got our passport requests recently so the whole process has taken about 12 months, Berlin definitely seem to be quicker than London
Yep, Berlin is working on speed, while Paris is as fast as an escargot ( a l'ail ).
Don't know how Paris compares to London though, anybody ?
Hey Mhhp ....Ltns
Old Jun 17th 2005, 4:23 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
Yep, Berlin is working on speed, while Paris is as fast as an escargot ( a l'ail ).
Don't know how Paris compares to London though, anybody ?
Hey Mhhp ....Ltns
Ltns

Sorry my brain is still in Italy
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mhhp
Ltns

Sorry my brain is still in Italy
Ltns....Long time no see or .... "molto tempo nessun vede"
Have some more pasta
Old Jun 17th 2005, 8:58 pm
keep checking....

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
Ltns....Long time no see or .... "molto tempo nessun vede"
Have some more pasta
Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hi NSP,

Thank you so much for your help!
Congrats on your PR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is very nice of you telling me your experience

12 months don't sound so bad!

Me and my hubby are dying to go back to Van
Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mhhp,

Thank you so much for your reply
I am not applying for spousal PR...just regular skilled worker section

I see that you are almost there!!! I am so jealous

just can't wait to go back to Vancouver!!! hehe

oh, by the way, did you get all your documents notarized as well???
It will cost me so much £££

Thanks again and hope you will get your PR anytime soon!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:38 pm
keep checking....

Originally Posted by miffy80
Hi Mhhp,

Thank you so much for your reply
I am not applying for spousal PR...just regular skilled worker section

I see that you are almost there!!! I am so jealous

just can't wait to go back to Vancouver!!! hehe

oh, by the way, did you get all your documents notarized as well???
It will cost me so much £££

Thanks again and hope you will get your PR anytime soon!!!!!!!!!!
Good to hear you are on the same track, do keep in touch and tell us more. I followed the exact instructions and notarized only what they asked. Birth and marriage records e.g. do not need to be certified as they verify them with the authorities.

BTW you may be able to get everything notarized at your local church office for free. The city office usually also asks only a small fee.

Good luck and keep in touch
Old Jun 20th 2005, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mhhp
Good to hear you are on the same track, do keep in touch and tell us more. I followed the exact instructions and notarized only what they asked. Birth and marriage records e.g. do not need to be certified as they verify them with the authorities.

BTW you may be able to get everything notarized at your local church office for free. The city office usually also asks only a small fee.

Good luck and keep in touch
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. Every words counts!

Hope time flies!

Keep in touch