Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Dependant or non-dependant child????

Dependant or non-dependant child????

Old May 27th 2013, 1:24 am
AB/SK

Claren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dependant or non-dependant child????

Hi All
I have 3 children from a previous marriage, 2 daughters who are over 22 ( so are not classed as dependant) and an 18 year old son.
He lives with his girlfriend and they have a daughter, so according to cic he is classed as non dependant.

"Dependent children Refers to the children of the applicant or those of the spouse or common-law partner.
They must:
be under the age of 22 and not have a spouse or common-law partner"

However on the fee payment form it states " each family member under the age of 22 who is married or in a common-law relationship x $550"

Having spoken to him, he has stated that apart from coming to visit he has no intentions of ever emigrating and has said he will flatly refuse to have a medical.
Do I list him on my imm 008 and if I am not going to sponsor him why do I have to pay $550 to include him on my application.

any help, info regards this gratefully received
Thanks
Old May 27th 2013, 8:10 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dependant or non-dependant child????

You do not have to pay for him. He should be shown on the Additional Family Information form as well, along with your daughters. You should explain the situation in a covering letter.
Old May 28th 2013, 12:00 am
AB/SK

Claren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dependant or non-dependant child????

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You do not have to pay for him. He should be shown on the Additional Family Information form as well, along with your daughters. You should explain the situation in a covering letter.
Thanks Jim
Thats what I thought, it just threw me when I looked at the fee payment form.
I knew he would be classed as non-dependant but was unsure, having looked at the Fee form.
So I am taking it that I should not put him on the IMM008, just the additional family form.
Thanks again