Bhishma

Default Delays and longer waits-reason?

While surfing the website of CHC-New Delhi,I found that the processing
times of Skilled Worker Applications were extended to the following:
Confirmation of Receipt of Application : 9 Months (This was 3 months a
week back) and First Review : 44 Months (This was 24 months a week
back).
Waiting for the review surely requires patience, but a sudden doubling
of or trebling of the processing time frame is surely dishearting!!
The Question is- 1. Would this also apply to all the Old Applicants?
and 2.We often read that there is an overall reduction in the number
of Applicants with the new rules in place. Thus, logically, the time
frame should reduce. Then, what could be the reason of this extended
time frames? I know it could be anybody's guess, but experts know
better.
Thank you.

Old Jun 17th 2003, 6:05 am
Just Joined

Indian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Be patient

First of all tell me about yourself(either old or new law applicant),If old and have recieved paperscreening,then be patient.CHC will be reveiwing your caseand will send you new IRPA kit to fiii up(If you qualify acc. to new law),otherwise decision made letter will be sent(ie Refusal letter).
The whole process will take 1 to 2 years likewise China.

My friend in India applied in August2001,he was asked to take IELTS before Feb2003.CHC sent IELTS application form alongwith the application to evaluate intial assessment(Paperscreening). Later on in March 2003,he received interveiw waiver and medical papers.
Old Jun 17th 2003, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Be patient

Hi Indian,

I applied for PR under old regulations (April 2001, CHC, New Delhi ). Later I transferred my file to Buffalo in Feb 2002, as I came to Canada to do Master's in Engineering. I was asked to submit the new forms (for self and spouse) this April and I did it in the same month. Until recently, my eclient was showing "in process" but a few days back it has changed to "decision" made.

So far, I did not receive any initial assessment. But you said that decision made means a refusal letter. I am really worried about the outcome in my case.

In my self assessment in CIC website, I was expecting 74 points (English language 16 points, IELTS not submitted) against the pass mark of 70 (low transition pass marks). Both my spouse and myself are doing graduate studies in Canada.

My request to you is: Do you think that the decision made in my case is a refusal letter or it could be a call for interview? If you need further details about my case, I can provide you.

P reply at your convenient time.

Reagrds

damodar
Old Jun 19th 2003, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Default sad news

After studying your CV, your decision made might be a Refusal.Because your case will be assessed acc to new law and u will have to get 75 odd points.Unfortunately with 74 points,you may recieve a refusal letter,
Old Jun 19th 2003, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sad news

Hi Indian,

Thanks for your reply. I knew that my application would be assessed as per the new law but with a low transition pass mark of 70. The reason for low mark is: My original date of application is well before Dec 31, 2001. You might be aware that CIC has given this exemption (new rule but pass mark of 70) for those who have applied before Dec 31, 2001 and did not receive any selection decision by March 31, 2003.

Though, I have transferred my file to Buffalo, Visa offcier should have considered the original date as the application date (for the puropse of point calculation, not for processing). Thing is: he overlooked the fact and refused the application.

In this NG, I came acorss one person, who has transferred his file from Buffalo to India. In his case also, processing will be started afresh at New Delhi, but for all practical purposes the original date of Buffalo will be valid, when it comes to the point counting.

Anyway, I have requested the authorities concerned to reconsider my application with all the supporting documents. Let me see what will happen?

Any comments on this will be appreciated
Damodar
Old Jun 23rd 2003, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Best of luck