Delayed processing

Old Oct 25th 2021, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

jordanleanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Delayed processing

I am sure there are many people in the same boat as us who just aren't moving forward due to Covid related processing delays, but does anyone know what the knock-on impact of this will be? We submitted for PR in February, but had our medicals in January- if these are only valid for a year and our application hasn't been reviewed by that point, will they still be valid? Do we have to go again, or will our application be considered incomplete? The same thoughts apply for the police certs and IELTS and other paperwork we had prepared. Its so frustrating not having any kind of progress marker, that all we can think about now is what might go wrong while we are still in the dark.
Old Oct 25th 2021, 4:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delayed processing

Originally Posted by jordanleanne
I am sure there are many people in the same boat as us who just aren't moving forward due to Covid related processing delays, but does anyone know what the knock-on impact of this will be? We submitted for PR in February, but had our medicals in January- if these are only valid for a year and our application hasn't been reviewed by that point, will they still be valid? Do we have to go again, or will our application be considered incomplete? The same thoughts apply for the police certs and IELTS and other paperwork we had prepared. Its so frustrating not having any kind of progress marker, that all we can think about now is what might go wrong while we are still in the dark.
Your police certs and IELTS will be valid for a lot longer, so I wouldn't worry about those. How did you apply for PR?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 25th 2021 at 4:50 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2021, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

We applied through express entry. If we need to redo medicals, when should we aim to book these for?
Old Oct 26th 2021, 9:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We applied through express entry. If we need to redo medicals, when should we aim to book these for?
Was it a FSW/FST app though, or PNP? I wouldn't do anything unless you're told that you will need to, if it was a FSW app then as no FSW apps have been processed at all I'd imagine there may be some allowances made, so just wait and see what happens.
Old Oct 26th 2021, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Was it a FSW/FST app though, or PNP? I wouldn't do anything unless you're told that you will need to, if it was a FSW app then as no FSW apps have been processed at all I'd imagine there may be some allowances made, so just wait and see what happens.
It was just FSW. The processing page still has a 6 month estimate on it, but obviously since we are way past that, I'm guessing it'll be 6 months once they actually start processing?
Old Oct 26th 2021, 12:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

It does also say to ignore that processing time though and that it doesn't apply at the moment, they're still only processing CEC apps AFAIK.

I think all you can do is wait until they start processing FSW apps properly again and then see what they do about medicals - everybody will be in the same boat unfortunately, so they'll have to do something for expiring medicals, even if it's just requesting new ones.

Best of luck, hope it makes some progress soon.
Old Oct 28th 2021, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

It does also say to ignore that processing time though and that it doesn't apply at the moment, they're still only processing CEC apps AFAIK.

I think all you can do is wait until they start processing FSW apps properly again and then see what they do about medicals - everybody will be in the same boat unfortunately, so they'll have to do something for expiring medicals, even if it's just requesting new ones.

Best of luck, hope it makes some progress soon.
Does anyone have any idea how many CEC applications there typically are to process? I saw they are completing applications from Feb/March, will they just keep focusing on them until they are caught up? In 'normal' times, do they usually process all applications equally?
Old Oct 28th 2021, 8:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Does anyone have any idea how many CEC applications there typically are to process? I saw they are completing applications from Feb/March, will they just keep focusing on them until they are caught up? In 'normal' times, do they usually process all applications equally?
Yes, they normally process them all equally, but Covid has scuppered that. The target is 141,000 CEC apps each year if that helps? Remember that although FSW application processing has been paused, there also haven't been any FSW ITA's either in the past year, so that might help when processing resumes. IRRC recently said FSW processing will resume in 2022.

Old Oct 28th 2021, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, they normally process them all equally, but Covid has scuppered that. The target is 141,000 CEC apps each year if that helps? Remember that although FSW application processing has been paused, there also haven't been any FSW ITA's either in the past year, so that might help when processing resumes. IRRC recently said FSW processing will resume in 2022.
Yeah it's a bit depressing that they won't restart until into 2022, but at least I can give up hoping I might hear something any day
Do you know where they were up to with FSW before they stopped processing?