Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Definition of "resident" for supporting Family Class Applications (unique case)

Definition of "resident" for supporting Family Class Applications (unique case)

Old May 5th 2007, 1:48 am
Just Joined

Jean Pierre Leblanc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Definition of "resident" for supporting Family Class Applications (unique case)

Originally Posted by RodseyUK
I think Jim may know what he is talking about, especially when he is an ex-Visa Officer.

You will need to change your attitude if anyone on here is going to give you the time of day.
My sincere apologies if anyone has taken my frustration as a target aimed directly at them.

I am just so frustrated with this process. I know, I know. I should be in Canada and no worries. My frustration is purely aimed at our government. I can understand parents should not be priority, but the current treatment cannot even be considered SECONDARY priority.

Thank you to everyone who have bothered to post on my inquiries.

JPL
Old May 5th 2007, 1:52 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Definition of "resident" for supporting Family Class Applications (unique case)

Originally Posted by RodseyUK
If you move from Quebec to any oher province then the Quebec application becomes invalid and a new application must be submitted (page 14, IMM 5196 and page 27, IP2).

To be eligible to sponsor parents the principal sponsor must reside in Canada during the application process. If the principal sponsor lives outside Canada then they are only eligible to sponsor a spouse, commonlaw or conjugal partner, or a dependant child who does not have any dependant children of their own (page 10, IMM 5196 and page 42, IP2).

Pages 41 and 42 of document IP2 setout residency requirements and possible checks for sponsors.

I'm sorry, I know about IMM 5196, but where can I find a copy of IP2???

Thanks for your feeback...

JPL
Old May 5th 2007, 1:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jean Pierre Leblanc

JPL
Never mind... found it... damn, it's easier to find things with google than directly on CIC's website.
Old May 5th 2007, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

RodseyUK will become famous soon enoughRodseyUK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jean Pierre Leblanc

JPL
You can find all the necessary publications under "media and publications" at the top of the main CIC page. Click on Policy and Program manuals and then on Inland Processing.