Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Declaring dependents on visa application?

Declaring dependents on visa application?

Old Jan 31st 2012, 4:59 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Default Declaring dependents on visa application?

Do you need to declare any dependents on your visa application, even if they are not emigrating with you?

The reason I ask, is that my ex-partner emigrated to Canada, but never asked for any of our sons details - passport etc. My husband and I emigrated to Australia 3 years ago, and you had to declare all dependants, and provide passport details and they had to undergo medicals - even if they were not emigrating!

Thanks
Old Jan 31st 2012, 12:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Declaring dependents on visa application?

Yes, you do, plus give info on other family members such as parents/siblings.

But if they were non-accompanying, no medical etc would have been required, so you may well find that they were declared but you just don't know about it.

If they were listed as non-accompanying, it does mean your ex has waived any right to sponsor them for PR in the future btw.

HTH.

Old Jan 31st 2012, 12:46 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Default Re: Declaring dependents on visa application?

Thanks for that info!

The Australian Chils Support Agency caught up with him, and he has been cooperating - never seen a penny from him in 13 years. It seems that the Canadian Child Support Agency were less than pleased with him.