Decision made

Old Aug 5th 2017, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Tony246 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Decision made

Hi all

I have been watching the forum for a few days now, sourcing information so to speak. My family and I have just made the decision to emigrate to Calgary in 2020. Why so long, I have 3 years left to do in the RAF to gain my pay out and pension. After looking through the CIC website and on here, I believe it may be tough to get accepted, as my points seemed quite low (projected points 346). I would appriceated any thoughts on this or advice. My details are below, to get a better understanding of my family's make up, this will be accurate in 2020:

Me- 45 years old
Profession- Chef
Years experience in Catering and management - 25
Qualifications- NVQ 2 in Catering
Level 5 CMI certificate management
Level 3 & 5 CIPD diploma in human resource
Level 7 diploma in strategic Management
Available funds to take with us- $120,000 CAD

Family- wife, 43 years old
Daughter - 20 years old
Son- 22 Years old

All have good qualifications, including university. Would appreciate any useful experiences and/or advice on what I can do to improve my score.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 5th 2017, 3:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision made

Hi, and welcome to BE.

The bad news is that you can't really increase your score to enough to be in with a chance of getting an ITA (even a job offer wouldn't give you enough points at the current level). But the good news is that things may have changed in a couple of years time, as they often do in immigration. So you may find that your chances improve.

In the meantime, you can keep an eye on immigration rules and see if you suddenly become eligible, and if not then when the time comes you can try and get a job offer and go via the PNP instead.

Presumably you're aware that your son will be too old to go with you by 2020 and that he'll need to qualify for a visa on his own merits?

And just checking, but does your wife score higher by any chance?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 5th 2017 at 3:43 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2017, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Tony246 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks for the information. My wife scores pretty much the same as me, as for my kids. I thought they would have to apply separately, although I don't want to think about if they can't get in with us. I would probably withdraw the application. But we will cross that bridge if and when it happens. PNP route? I didn't think you could do that unless you were in the express pool, will have another read up.

Thanks again
Old Aug 5th 2017, 4:13 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Have you used your military contacts and asked some of the army lads who have been stationed out here their opinion of Alberta?