British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Decision made..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/decision-made-708207/)

badab1ng Mar 6th 2011 9:12 pm

Decision made.....

Oh WOW ! Just checked my status and I've moved to decision made. A letter is in the post. Nervous ?? Just a little !

Inland Spousal application sent to Vegreville 15/4/10
In process 28/6/10
Decision made 1/3/10

caleo Mar 6th 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Decision made.....

Originally Posted by badab1ng (Post 9221996)
Oh WOW ! Just checked my status and I've moved to decision made. A letter is in the post. Nervous ?? Just a little !

Inland Spousal application sent to Vegreville 15/4/10
In process 28/6/10
Decision made 1/3/10

:thumbsup:

badab1ng Mar 7th 2011 1:33 am

Trying not to get too excited. This could be bad news also ?

caleo Mar 7th 2011 5:43 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; HTC Desire Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

More than likely good news. I doubt very much they would refuse without an interview . Hope you hear soon!

badab1ng Mar 7th 2011 8:25 pm

YES ! All requirements met and need to present original documents to CIC Vancouver.

caleo Mar 8th 2011 5:46 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; HTC Desire Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Excellent news. Congratulations!

tracys Mar 8th 2011 11:09 am

Congratulations:thumbsup:

Robin (The Gadget family) Mar 9th 2011 7:57 pm

Many congratulations!

badab1ng Mar 22nd 2011 7:45 pm

Attended landing interview in Vancouver yesterday, presented documents and answered straight forward questions, rcvd CoPR. PRC to arrive within 8 weeks.

HSJones Apr 11th 2011 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by badab1ng (Post 9257375)
Attended landing interview in Vancouver yesterday, presented documents and answered straight forward questions, rcvd CoPR. PRC to arrive within 8 weeks.

Congratulations badab1ng!

I have just checked my online status - and it too says 'Decision Made'! Woo hoo. Applied inland June 2010.

Just wondering is everyone called to a landing interview? What documents did you have to take along? and what did they ask you?

Also does this mean just Step 1 is complete? We are thinking of sending in a request for an open work permit, so I can work asap, but if i'll be getting my PRC in 2 months or so, is it worth spending the $75, considering the processing time is 39 days anyway?

Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks.

badab1ng Apr 11th 2011 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by HSJones (Post 9298593)
Congratulations badab1ng!

I have just checked my online status - and it too says 'Decision Made'! Woo hoo. Applied inland June 2010.

Just wondering is everyone called to a landing interview? What documents did you have to take along? and what did they ask you?

Also does this mean just Step 1 is complete? We are thinking of sending in a request for an open work permit, so I can work asap, but if i'll be getting my PRC in 2 months or so, is it worth spending the $75, considering the processing time is 39 days anyway?

Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Hi HSJones, sounds like you're nearly there !

About 2 weeks after Decision Made status I rcvd a letter asking me to arrange for a landing interview. I phoned and they were happy to see me the same day. I had to get 2 new photos for my PR card and took my most of my paperwork, docs, passport etc with me to the interview. Plus I had to pay $490 fee before my interview at a local bank. The interview was straightforward, I had to acknowledge my identity, had I ever been refused entry to Canada, did I have a criminal record that sort of stuff. My passport was stamped I rcvd my COPR and was told PR card would arrive within 8 weeks. Can't answer your questions re work permit as I am not in that position, but you are very close to the end game now !

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.