Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

David cohen, Andrew Miller and experts, could you please help provide an suggestion

David cohen, Andrew Miller and experts, could you please help provide an suggestion

Old Jun 12th 2001, 7:47 am
tony

I applied independent immigration as software engineer with Buffalo in January this
year. I got an interview call letter in May( I am still waiting for the interview
notice from Los Angles Consulate since I was told they would transfer my file to LA
after background check, which they are doing now). I have a Master degree of
Mechanical Engineering in US, and more than three years' experience in software
development. I think I should have got interview waiver. It surprised and frustrated
me a lot. At the time I sent my application, I provided the work experience letters(
my school experience as research assistant, work experience from my previous and
current company as software engineer, all in US). but in the letter from my current
company, it only described my position, salary and work period( less than 4 months at
the time I submitted my application, so I don't think it really counts a lot). Before
I came to US, I worked as an electrical/mechanic service engineer for 2 years. But I
could not find that non-US experience letter when I sent my application to Buffalo,
so I just wrote down that non-US work history in the application form. Surprisedly, I
recently found that letter back. I have a question for you both
- should I sent this letter to buffalo, and a complete personal resume( for my whole
work history - 2 years service engineer-> 2 years research assistant->3 years
software engineer-> 9 months software engineer right now), which I failed to
provided before? Will they review my supplemental document and perhaps I may get
the opportunity for interview waiver? Is this possible? Please advise. Thanks in
advance. Tony

Old Jun 12th 2001, 1:18 pm
Jim Humphries

There is no magical test for a waiver - i.e. do this, have that and its waived. Its
up to the visa officer and once the decision is made there is nothing you can do
about it. Your case sounds good so just wait for the call up. Jim Humphries, former
visa officer

tony wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 12th 2001, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute

well, for start, why not try and learn proper english. I'm surprised that employers in canada/usa will even consider someone with atrocious english like yours!!! what a shame......
Old Jun 12th 2001, 3:16 pm
David Cohen

down that non-US work history in the application form.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

It is important to note that the majority of applicants, on average, are requested to
attend interviews. It is not safe to assume that you will be waived on the basis of
your occupation alone. Additional information on this topic may be found at Campbell,
Cohen's web site at the following URL:

http://canadavisa.com/documents/waiving.htm

Once an interview has been requested, it is not generally possible to have that
request revoked. As such, provision of the documentation that you refer to is not
likely to have any impact on that decision at this stage.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community