Dates of supporting documents

Old Jun 18th 2020, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Mrsvickers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dates of supporting documents

Hello everyone,

I’m here to ask more questions 🤷🏼‍♀️

so I previously posted that we have nothing in joint names other than bank account.

Do I need to send 12 months worth of statements?
I’ve found a couple of old bank statements, that show money transferred from his account into mine, should I highlight them transactions and put that in the application or is it a pointless task.

We have also decided to make a will, we needed to do this anyway for the sake of our children.
Will it go against us that it will have a recent date on it, if it does have a date on it, I don’t know if they do.

We now have water utilities in our joint names also, but again it will be a very recent statement going in the application pack, will that be a problem?

We have a joint Canadian bank account which we opened in 2017, BUT it is not in our address, we opened it under his grandfathers address as it’s in Canada, will that help if I put a covering letter in explaining that?

Lastly, we have a wedding invitation from 2017, on the envelope is both our names, and our address and it is date stamped as it was sent from Canada, is it worth adding a copy of that as proof.

I feel like I’m clutching at straws, but we have sooo much proof of our 8 year relationship, just the lack of cohabiting documents.

Thank you.

Last edited by Mrsvickers; Jun 18th 2020 at 6:02 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2020, 10:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dates of supporting documents

This might be worth a read.. check the 'spouse' section
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ationship.html
Old Jun 18th 2020, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Mrsvickers is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Siouxie, We are applying as Common Law as we’re not married. I have most of the documents they’ve asked for in them lists, but it doesn’t state how many of each document I need to send 🙈
Old Jun 19th 2020, 8:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrsvickers
Thank you Siouxie, We are applying as Common Law as we’re not married. I have most of the documents they’ve asked for in them lists, but it doesn’t state how many of each document I need to send 🙈
The supporting documents are to prove you've lived together for a year or more, so you need to show at least year's worth.

HTH.