Crossing the border question

Old May 25th 2012, 11:47 am
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crossing the border question

Crossing the boarder this Weekend apart from the obvious paper work we need, do we need stuff like proof of funds,old work permits and the customs paper work we had stamped when we shipped our life over here back in Sept 09?
Old May 25th 2012, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crossing the boarder question

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
Crossing the boarder this Weekend apart from the obvious paper work we need, do we need stuff like proof of funds,old work permits and the customs paper work we had stamped when we shipped our life over here back in Sept 09?
Its spelled border What are you coming in under? Old TWP have expired so not needed. What paperwork was stamped when you shipped your life over here. From your tag line it would appear that you are in the process of getting PR status have you been issued COPR forms? and making a landing?
Old May 25th 2012, 12:30 pm
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Its spelled border What are you coming in under? Old TWP have expired so not needed. What paperwork was stamped when you shipped your life over here. From your tag line it would appear that you are in the process of getting PR status have you been issued COPR forms? and making a landing?
OMG - sorry, am half asleep!

So, we are currently here on a TWP, which expires Oct 2013. We just got our COPR for skilled worker. When we came over, we brought a container with us, everything packed by a mover and listed, it was stamped and ok'd by customs. Sorry, little more info which I hope helps - thank you for bearing with me.....now where is my coffee......
Old May 25th 2012, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

CBSA probably issued you and stamped form B4 & B4A though they didnt need to. Do you have any more goods in the UK to follow or have you now got everything? if you have other goods you will need to supply CBSA with a list of the goods.
Just take your valid passports and the COPR with you and Im assuming you will be flagpoling. Dont forget $6 USD for the I94 waiver if going into the USA as opposed to asking for an administrative refusal.
Old May 25th 2012, 4:45 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

CBSA probably issued you and stamped form B4 & B4A though they didnt need to. Do you have any more goods in the UK to follow or have you now got everything? if you have other goods you will need to supply CBSA with a list of the goods.
Just take your valid passports and the COPR with you and Im assuming you will be flagpoling. Dont forget $6 USD for the I94 waiver if going into the USA as opposed to asking for an administrative refusal.
I think he means the A8A..... cant remember the rest of it, that got stamped by the customs office that cleared his shipment when it arrived.

If I was the O I wouldnt tell the yanks that you are crossing to flag pole, they will do that "refuse entry" thing that everyone one says is not a problem for future travel. I didnt risk it, who knows if they change the rules in the future, it might have ramifications.
Old May 25th 2012, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I think he means the A8A..... cant remember the rest of it, that got stamped by the customs office that cleared his shipment when it arrived.

If I was the O I wouldnt tell the yanks that you are crossing to flag pole, they will do that "refuse entry" thing that everyone one says is not a problem for future travel. I didnt risk it, who knows if they change the rules in the future, it might have ramifications.
Oh you mean the yellow copy of the A8A commonly known as the Customs Delivery Authority portion of the manifest if arriving by highway
Its amazing what a truck driver will do to get those stamped and how compliant they become so they dont get sent for an examination

As for the administrative refusal there is no risk involved for future crossings as they have to issue it so the Canadians cant send you back to the USA.
Thats why its called an administrative refusal as opposed to a refusal of entry or something like that although most dont ask for it as they wanna shop seeing that they made the trip.
Old May 25th 2012, 9:08 pm
Eager Beaver!

Thank you -we don't have anything else to follow, so we should just take the list and the stamped form from 2 years ago and tell them that we have nothing else to come over?
Good tip on the I94 waiver - thank you
Old May 25th 2012, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
Thank you -we don't have anything else to follow, so we should just take the list and the stamped form from 2 years ago and tell them that we have nothing else to come over?
Good tip on the I94 waiver - thank you
Yes you can take that form and show them and tell them that there is nothing else to follow.