Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Criminal Rehabilitation from the USA

Criminal Rehabilitation from the USA

Old Jul 13th 2006, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Randy77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Criminal Rehabilitation from the USA

I am trying to get my rehabilitation taken care of now for next year when I am going to visit. I had a drinking problem and DUI's as a result. I am eligible for this to happen, however, looking at the Consulates website, they ask to get a police certificate (no criminal history report) and an FBI clearance. I have a criminal past or I wouldn't be trying to ascertain a rehab authorization so why would I get a Police Cert that isn't going to show a good past? And, why would I need one if I am getting an FBI clearance? Furthermore, how does the FBI clear one with an old criminal past? I would think I won't be held to the scrutinization that a potential FBI employee would be but I am curious.
I have all my documents stating convictions from the NYS criminal Justice Dept., A pardon from the Judge who convicted me last, probation report showing early discharge for good behavior, and great upstanding individuals in my community willing to back this up. I am getting my "four" passport photos done soon.....should I ask for eight so I can send 4 to Canadian Consulate and the other 4 to the US Gov to get a passport?
This is very confusing
Thanks
~Randy
Old Jul 13th 2006, 11:14 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal Rehabilitation from the USA

Originally Posted by Randy77
I am trying to get my rehabilitation taken care of now for next year when I am going to visit. I had a drinking problem and DUI's as a result. I am eligible for this to happen, however, looking at the Consulates website, they ask to get a police certificate (no criminal history report) and an FBI clearance. I have a criminal past or I wouldn't be trying to ascertain a rehab authorization so why would I get a Police Cert that isn't going to show a good past? And, why would I need one if I am getting an FBI clearance? Furthermore, how does the FBI clear one with an old criminal past? I would think I won't be held to the scrutinization that a potential FBI employee would be but I am curious.
I have all my documents stating convictions from the NYS criminal Justice Dept., A pardon from the Judge who convicted me last, probation report showing early discharge for good behavior, and great upstanding individuals in my community willing to back this up. I am getting my "four" passport photos done soon.....should I ask for eight so I can send 4 to Canadian Consulate and the other 4 to the US Gov to get a passport?
This is very confusing
Thanks
~Randy
Hi,

If you think about it, what they are asking is for evidence of all of your convictions and not just the ones you present in your application for rehabilitation. Without the FBI and state PCs they would not know whether the ones you mention are the entire list.