Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Criminal Rehabilitation - My story to help others

Criminal Rehabilitation - My story to help others

Old Jul 16th 2011, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Jack333 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Criminal Rehabilitation - My story to help others

Hi everyone,

Just got my brother in-laws police certificate back and although I thought he only had one criminal conviction which was back in 2001 I was wrong!!

He was given a police Caution on the 29/07/2004 for (Destroy or damage property at value unknown) I have read various articles/posts and From my understanding a police caution is spent immediately?? Is that correct?

Or will he need to be rehabilitated for this?

Many thanks folks Jack.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 9:23 am
Just Joined

NixieLukas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poppit
Hi

It took my son 16 weeks and (2 enquiry emails) to get his back.

Hope they're quicker with your's!

Poppit
Hi Poppit,

I was wondering what exactly you said in the enquiry emails. I'm still waiting for my bfs for info only application to come back and I want to see how far along it is etc.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old Jul 20th 2011, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We outlined when the application had been sent, gave some details of the application, and mentioned that according to The Rehabilation of Offenders Act, that his conviction was spent. We also asked whether they could give a timeframe given that he had already been waiting 15 weeks.

Goodluck, I hope you hear very soon.

Poppit
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

BAAS is an unknown quantity at this point

Bron111, what "evidence" did he supply? Would an ACPO and a notarised letter from a solicitor be ok, do you think?

Thanks.
Old Aug 3rd 2011, 12:48 am
Just Joined

cor-32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
From my limited knowledge of criminal rehab, seems you've got it right and in 2012 he'll be ok. Could be worth trying for criminal rehab now as it's close to the 10 year expiry, or just do an info only so he can find out where he stands.

Of course, this assumes that he's definitely eligible for a visa? That needs to be his first step before worrying about rehab, although he'd need that to visit you anyway I guess.

HTH.
Is that because at the time of the offence he was 18?
I have 2 convictions: (Both in Ireland)
I have a fraud conviction from 99 ($260 fine)
and from April 2000, a 1 yr driving ban

Will i have to go through the Rehab route? I am applying for PR Inland (spousal), and adding the rehab app could add a long time to the process
Old Aug 8th 2011, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

good guy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there guy ive just finished my rehabilitation forms and about to send it off . could someone help me as i dont no the address for were to send it to .im from northern ireland and i think i maybe send it to london but i dont no the correct address . thank you
Old Aug 8th 2011, 5:57 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by good guy
hi there guy ive just finished my rehabilitation forms and about to send it off . could someone help me as i dont no the address for were to send it to .im from northern ireland and i think i maybe send it to london but i dont no the correct address . thank you
Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
38 Grosvenor Street
London
W1K 4AA, United Kingdom
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

thank u pmm . i realy needed that help . take care
Old Aug 11th 2011, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

ok its me again and im so sorry for asking stupid questions but i just wona make sure i do this all right . im sending my rehabilitation papers from northern ireland to london . im stuck for who i send my 200 dollars to and do i put 200 dollars on my bankers draft r do i put the 200 dollars in the a mount of british pounds on the bankers draft . whos name do i print on my bankers draft for sending it to london . sorry once again and thank u
Old Aug 11th 2011, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

cor-32 is an unknown quantity at this point

CANADIAN dollars
Old Aug 25th 2011, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Jonsie25 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cor-32
CANADIAN dollars
Hello all, I am currently completing the Application for Rehabilition form' Information only, does anyone know where to get the Statute Numbers from?

I have my ACPRO cert with no live trace, 3 convcitions 20 years ago and Certificate of Conviction to send them but they are no numbers on these forms, worried it will get sent back?

Hoping it should come back with rehabilitated as I got 36 hours at an Attention centre. According to the Rehab 1974 act it only last a year after sentence complete. Will let you know
Cheers
Old Aug 28th 2011, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

thorold is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently finalizing my application for Criminal Rehabilitation. Do i need to send a photocopy of every page of my passport or just the page with my details. Thanks
Old Aug 30th 2011, 3:51 am
Just Joined

BobbyBR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thorold
I am currently finalizing my application for Criminal Rehabilitation. Do i need to send a photocopy of every page of my passport or just the page with my details. Thanks

I only copied the page of the passport showing only the personal photo and information page.

I also just got my entire package, that I mailed without an application fee, back. I was emailed that I don't have to apply for rehabilitation after submitting an "For Information Only" application. I was arrested in 1994 for pot possessin, but was never convicted, as the charge was dismissed. I was worried that I would have to pay, but was prepared to anyways. I had no more brush with the law since, so I guess I will have to test a visit to Canada very soon to see how this works.

I am now concerned that the Immigration guys at the airport will ask me about the arrest record in my file everytime I travel there. Does anyone else ever been in this situation before and did the immigration ask about arrest record all times. Will they ask every time I travel why was arrested. I did send all this information to the Embassy and I am hoping that they enter this into their system so to reduce any delay at the airport. They said based on evident I provided, it appeas that I am admissible to enter Canada, but this is at the sole discretion of Immigration at entry ports.

They did tell me however to always travel with my police record and proof that the charges were dropped, but that is very lame. I didn't want to travel with those embarring paper just to get into Canada.

BTW, I was arrested in the USA.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

hey there everybody . i have sent my application for rehabilition to london and near 2 weeks have past and i would love to know if the london office has recieved my application in the post . like is there a way to trace it or can i contact them in some way to ask if its arrived at there office . im just scared that incase something has happend to my form . thank you and i look foword to hearing from someone that has knowladge about this .
Old Sep 1st 2011, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Muppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really nice

Originally Posted by good guy
hey there everybody . i have sent my application for rehabilition to london and near 2 weeks have past and i would love to know if the london office has recieved my application in the post . like is there a way to trace it or can i contact them in some way to ask if its arrived at there office . im just scared that incase something has happend to my form . thank you and i look foword to hearing from someone that has knowladge about this .
probably would have been better to send it recorded delivery...but in a nutshell..no way to know.

It took them about 7-8 months to get ours back in the mail with notification it had been completed incorrectly (well not really, long story, but it was on their advice in the first place it was sent that way!).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.