Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Criminal rehabilitation london office timescales?

Wikiposts

Criminal rehabilitation london office timescales?

Old Aug 19th 2014, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Nige1512 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Criminal rehabilitation london office timescales?

Originally Posted by Dazza6ft8
Hi guys have been asked to pay 1000 cad in a postal order or bank draft none of these are available post office in UK does not do postal orders in foreign currency how did you guys overcome this my bank are willing to do a foreign currency cheque but nothing else .any clue of how to deal with this an stressed
Hi mate,
Sounds like your case is going to the consular general (the highest authority at consulate) for final approval, from what I remember reading in past threads it sounds at least your gonna be allowed as I can't imagine them taking the extra 800cad to turn round and say your not allowed in lol.
With regards to payment 1000 cad is 550.40 uk sterling I would go to post office ask for a postal order for £560 and if I remember it's made out to the Consular general of Canada although I would check that! hope that helps bud.
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys have been asked to pay 1000 cad in a postal order or bank draft none of these are available post office in UK does not do postal orders in foreign currency how did you guys overcome this my bank are willing to do a foreign currency cheque but nothing else .any clue of how to deal with this an stressed
Just to add to my last post I payed the 200cad by postal order just change it to uk pounds that was fine for me.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 4:41 am
Just Joined

Dazza6ft8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nige1512
Hi mate,
Sounds like your case is going to the consular general (the highest authority at consulate) for final approval, from what I remember reading in past threads it sounds at least your gonna be allowed as I can't imagine them taking the extra 800cad to turn round and say your not allowed in lol.
With regards to payment 1000 cad is 550.40 uk sterling I would go to post office ask for a postal order for £560 and if I remember it's made out to the Consular general of Canada although I would check that! hope that helps bud.

Cheers bud after they asked me to pay I replied needing urgant info lol they asked me to explain all my crimes from over 10 years ago aswell as my crime for arson in 2006 they now sent me email explaining I can pay in GBP as it not part of an ongoing application for permanent residency lol I'm so thick can get a bankers draft is cheaper than a postal order lol and they only do a max of 250 in postal order and yeah made out to reviever general for Canada thanx for your help
Old Aug 20th 2014, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Cheers bud after they asked me to pay I replied needing urgant info lol they asked me to explain all my crimes from over 10 years ago aswell as my crime for arson in 2006 they now sent me email explaining I can pay in GBP as it not part of an ongoing application for permanent residency lol I'm so thick can get a bankers draft is cheaper than a postal order lol and they only do a max of 250 in postal order and yeah made out to reviever general for Canada thanx for your help
Glad I could be of help my friend, fingers crossed for ya.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 1:32 am
Just Joined

paulstoke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all i submitted my application on the 1st October 2013 for criminal rehabilitation, along with the police certificate, i had not had any conformation stating that it had been received, other than proof of delivery, so last month i sent an email, asking if they are dealing with my application, after several very frustrating automated email replies, the sent me this automated email.

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (DRD)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada

Should i chase them up and ask for a reference number, or should i just wait and see what happens, as it will soon be twelve months, since submission.?

Any advice appreciated.
Old Sep 15th 2014, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

barcomi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulstoke
Hi all i submitted my application on the 1st October 2013 for criminal rehabilitation, along with the police certificate, i had not had any conformation stating that it had been received, other than proof of delivery, so last month i sent an email, asking if they are dealing with my application, after several very frustrating automated email replies, the sent me this automated email.

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to your enquiry.

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (DRD)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada

Should i chase them up and ask for a reference number, or should i just wait and see what happens, as it will soon be twelve months, since submission.?

Any advice appreciated.
Hi,

What do you mean by "after several very frustrating automated email replies, the sent me this automated email." ?

When you sent an enquiry, you usually receive just one auto-reply, and then a response on the enquiry by someone ...

Perhaps, just say: Thank you for the information. Is there a reference number assigned against my application, so I can use it for future communications?

Cheers,
Old Sep 15th 2014, 8:17 am
Just Joined

paulstoke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I asked from the start if they had recieved my application, but they were not reading my question right, instead just giving me generic info on how to apply via there website, thats my next step to ask if there is a reference number to my case, just didnt want to seem to pushy.

Thanks