Criminal record and ETA

Old Mar 4th 2023, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Bow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond reputeBow21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Criminal record and ETA

Hey all hopefully someone can answer a question or 2 for me please. I’m living in Canada and have friends wanting to visit they are stuck on the ETA as what to answer. He said he’s a bit lost, he has a criminal record from his SAR that he applied for so he could answer clearly. But on it has some stuff he was never convicted of when he was 12,13,14,15. Doing stupid stuff he says but never got convicted of Any of them. Just a couple of things later on when he was 18/19 he got convicted of and he thought that’s all that would show up.

So his question is does he list absolutely everything or just stuff he actually got convicted of? I don’t have any clue what to tel him I haven’t been through this and don’t have a record so am no help.

when you look at the question it asks on the ETA it’s something like

Have you ever committed, been arrested for, been charged with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country?

so makes me feel he has to declare everything.

anyway thanks again to anyone who can help even a little. They want to come out and he’s a good guy now and has been for a long time, he made some bad choices when he was younger.
Old Mar 4th 2023, 3:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal record and ETA

Yep, he needs to declare everything. If it was when he was a young teen it's not likely to impact the decision anyway, but he must be honest.

HTH.