Wikiposts

Criminal record ???

Old Sep 13th 2008, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal record ???

timballs you are of course correct in that police certs not always necessary for twp's but you still need to declare all convictions cautions etc and this is the crux that folk are falling down on and confusing.

the twp application form asks about convictions/cautions so this is where the cans of worms get opened

good luck all and please share your exeperiences
Old Sep 13th 2008, 8:05 am
Corn Nibbler

cornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chumley
jaj

in 1989 a dear friend of my mines mother was a battered wife for 20 plus years eventually she stabbed her husband and he died. She got 12 months probation.
there are perhaps surprisingly many such examples.
That's manslaughter, not murder. Different crime, different sentence.

But for immigration, it's still serious criminality.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

timballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nicetimballs is just really nice

Originally Posted by chumley
timballs you are of course correct in that police certs not always necessary for twp's but you still need to declare all convictions cautions etc and this is the crux that folk are falling down on and confusing.

the twp application form asks about convictions/cautions so this is where the cans of worms get opened

good luck all and please share your exeperiences
Yes, you're right. I think it's the terminology that is confusing. There is a big difference in the UK comprehension of 'spent' convictions and the Canadian understanding of 'rehabiliation'. My take on it is that if you have any previous convictions, whether 20 years ago or 5 years ago, you would still have to go through this rehabilitation process so that CIC can have a good look at it and make up their own mind.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

absolutely timballs this is where folk are falling down and causing themselves stress and delays

you have to apply to chc if they decide you are deemed already they will refund your $200 this has happened to others on here and you wont have to wait an eternity for a full rehab decsion
I know of two cases one got their money back in just over a week!!! miracle!!!

at the end of the day you have to wait for chc to decide otherwise you are likely to stumble at the PR point later on

I know that in my experience nova scotia pnp for example will still process and award your pnp cert whilst waiting for rehab decsion but they will not process anything until you have proved you have applied for rehab even in cases where the crime is minor and from decades ago

this contradicts what it says on the cic website about deemed rehab but its up to each province or so it seems and you just have to do whatever they ask for.

keep us informed this topic is so important and stressful for so many and frequently draws short shrift and scare stories on here
stay positive folks it can be overcome!!!
1 in 4 brits have a record afterall
Old Sep 13th 2008, 1:41 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mart2612
cost $1890 first payment
now that IS criminal !
Old Sep 13th 2008, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

tonyrleach is an unknown quantity at this point

I have applied for my certificate, you are all not alone. Fingers cross.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks for letting us now tony
when did you apply?

it would be great to get a some timeline info going as this would be very encouraging to so many(or not as the case maybe)
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

tonyrleach is an unknown quantity at this point

I meant the police certificate to see whats on mine.
Got a few driving convictions, mainly bad tyre and mot out, driving in bus lane etc. Hope it wont delay me as need to apply for TWP going out end October for interviews
Old Sep 14th 2008, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice

How long have you been waiting since you applied with the rehab forms chumley ??
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

it was received at chc on june 20th no news yet:curse:
Old Sep 14th 2008, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice
Talking Re: Criminal record ???

take it you were advised by chc your OH needed to be rehabilte or did you send in forms regardless:
Old Sep 14th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

you have to send the full rehab application before they will give any advice

they wont make any kind of judgement until you do the full application with all the supporting evidence

if they decide you are deemed rehab they give you a letter to say so and refund your fee so I understand
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

ive just had a look at the australian chc site and crim rehab is only 4 to 6 weeks
perhaps it would be quicker to go through the immigration system for OZ become and OZ citizen and then apply for chc rehab there rather than wait for London
Old Sep 15th 2008, 2:11 am
Just Joined

tdastrand is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, really interesting to read your comments. I have a query, would anyone be able to help?

When I was 16 I recieved a Caution for Criminal Damage. I spent a night in the police cell. This was over five years ago and is now considered spent.

Two years ago I was issued a Fixed Penalty Notice, again for Criminal Damage and again I spent a night in the cell (FYI - I really did learn from the first offense, this was slightly drunken messing about with friends that got a bit out of hand, hence the fixed penalty notice and not the court appearence I had been promised if I found my way into a Police cell again).

I am applying for a Study Permit for the Spring. Would I be considered criminally admissable? Bearing in mind that paying a FPN is not an admission of guilt, and regarding the caution that the cic website states that for convictions when you were under 18 you would not normally be considered innadmisable.

Any help would be great, this ones been worrying me as I hadn't really thought about it and now it is unlikely that there will be time to go through the rehabilitation process.

*Edit* Visited Vancouver last December without any problems.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:16 am
Just Joined

fastlane is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all
Is my dream blown out the water, i have 22 covictions assault/theft/ worst of all GBH these all happened 20 years ago.
2 spells in prison 9months.
God i was a bugger in those days

Been a good boy since

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.