Wikiposts

criminal record

Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:47 am
Just Joined

jonnychester is an unknown quantity at this point
Default criminal record

hi, hope some can help my police checks have come back and show 2 offences,one from 1990 for criminal damage while in the army in germany and one for common assault in 1997 i was fined for both has my dream ended i have a job offer and lmo.I am gutted cant believe it everbody told me including a soliciter they would be gone of my record with the rehabilation law after 5 years ive no chance now ruined,has anybody got any ideas please.My checks were done with the new acpo system its my birthday worst ever gutted
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:54 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: criminal record

I'm sorry you've received disappointing news, jonnychester.

I believe that applying for Criminal Rehabilitation will add about a year to your application process.
x
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
I'm sorry you've received disappointing news, jonnychester.

I believe that applying for Criminal Rehabilitation will add about a year to your application process.
x
thanks judy where would i send the forms to as i was going to do port of entry for my work permit,if i just did a disclosure would that be enough for checks or is it the full check thanks
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice

Hi, I applied for rehab at Canadian High Commission in London, and received clearance after about 40 days.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by markan
Hi, I applied for rehab at Canadian High Commission in London, and received clearance after about 40 days.
hi how do i go about this cheers jonny,just spoke with my hopefully still new employer and told them about it and they reckon i should still go for it through poe and i would be allowed in because of time passed and they are paying for the flights,any advice
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:43 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonnychester
hi how do i go about this cheers jonny,just spoke with my hopefully still new employer and told them about it and they reckon i should still go for it through poe and i would be allowed in because of time passed and they are paying for the flights,any advice
I'm really glad it took markan only 40 days to get clearance. That's very encouraging feedback.

But I'm sorry, you'd be bonkers to apply at POE. Andrew Miller, who is an immigration consultant and who frequently posts here, advises against applying at POE even under normal circumstances. See the Wiki article called TWP : Where to apply.
x
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:06 am
Just Joined

I'm really glad it took markan only 40 days to get clearance. That's very encouraging feedback.

But I'm sorry, you'd be bonkers to apply at POE. Andrew Miller, who is an immigration consultant and who frequently posts here, advises against applying at POE even under normal circumstances. See the Wiki article called TWP : Where to apply.
x
hi judy she reckoned that they had a fella who landed 4 hours ago who had serious far worse than mine convictions and has been allowed through and that they have had plenty with minor convictions,just she sounded very convicing and im trying to feel better
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

markan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nicemarkan is just really nice

Jonny Google NACRO,telephone them explaining you need to know if your convictions are considered SPENT under The UK Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. If so they will forward you confirmation of this if you ask nicely.If you are adamant of doing the POE route this could be helpful.But the experts dont seem to reccomend this way, so if your covictions are considered spent your other option is to apply for DEEMED rehabilitation on the web site www.cic.gc.ca press search on this site and type rehabilitation. You should find all relative information there.
Good Luck...
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:27 am
Just Joined

Jonny Google NACRO,telephone them explaining you need to know if your convictions are considered SPENT under The UK Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. If so they will forward you confirmation of this if you ask nicely.If you are adamant of doing the POE route this could be helpful.But the experts dont seem to reccomend this way, so if your covictions are considered spent your other option is to apply for DEEMED rehabilitation on the web site www.cic.gc.ca press search on this site and type rehabilitation. You should find all relative information there.
Good Luck...
cheers will do that,but why is everyone reckon the poe is no chance when the employer reckons they have had quite a few over with alot worse than me,she says that the immagration officers in calgary or edmonton are alot more aware of people minor offences and rehab time and shes says i have a 95% chance off getting in
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Good Luck...
hi just tryed the rehab search and says nothing found
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:48 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by jonnychester
hi just tryed the rehab search and says nothing found
Deemed Rehabilitation
x
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:03 am
Just Joined

thanks head is spinning
Old May 8th 2008, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

JTM73 has a spectacular aura aboutJTM73 has a spectacular aura aboutJTM73 has a spectacular aura about

Does anyone know, if you have been arrested in order to be questioned, but not convicted/charged, will this show up on police checks?
Old May 8th 2008, 9:28 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JTM73
Does anyone know, if you have been arrested in order to be questioned, but not convicted/charged, will this show up on police checks?
Why should it? (you are innocent until proven guilty, assuming you did not accept a caution).

PS it wasn't really necessary to update an old thread.
Old May 8th 2008, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

JTM73 has a spectacular aura aboutJTM73 has a spectacular aura aboutJTM73 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JAJ
Why should it? (you are innocent until proven guilty, assuming you did not accept a caution).

PS it wasn't really necessary to update an old thread.
Sorry! I'm new here, so was reading through old threads and just thought it was a relevant subject to ask within ... now I know for next time