British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   CPC Mississauga (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/cpc-mississauga-478953/)

ChelseaUK Sep 4th 2007 3:40 pm

CPC Mississauga

Hey everyone...

I just had a look on the CIC website to check the status of my common-law application I mailed July 29, 2007 - and nothing is showing yet.

It says on the website - Processing applications received up to: July 20, 2007. Current processing time is: 49 days.

Im just curious, does that mean that it would be be looked at/processed after the 49 days it takes to process the applications received before July 20th?

Just wondering when I'll be able to check on the website and see the status of my application or have it appear...so I know its in safe hands. :(

Thanks,

Chelsea

Jeffinthecity Sep 4th 2007 3:44 pm

Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK (Post 5272639)
Hey everyone...

I just had a look on the CIC website to check the status of my common-law application I mailed July 29, 2007 - and nothing is showing yet.

It says on the website - Processing applications received up to: July 20, 2007. Current processing time is: 49 days.

Im just curious, does that mean that it would be be looked at/processed after the 49 days it takes to process the applications received before July 20th?

Just wondering when I'll be able to check on the website and see the status of my application or have it appear...so I know its in safe hands. :(

Thanks,

Chelsea

I'm in the same boat...they received mine on the 30th July...

I think it means that it's around 49 days from receiving the package to processing...

We should be there or there abouts next week.

Good luck!

ChelseaUK Sep 4th 2007 3:47 pm

Cheers for the reply, Jeff :)

Had I known the cut off for this batch being processed, Id have got mine in there before the 20th. Ha.

Guess we just have to play the waiting game...

*ho hum*

Jeffinthecity Sep 5th 2007 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK (Post 5272681)
Cheers for the reply, Jeff :)

Had I known the cut off for this batch being processed, Id have got mine in there before the 20th. Ha.

Guess we just have to play the waiting game...

*ho hum*

Well it updated...30th July!!YESSS!!

So we're both in!Goodluck!

ChelseaUK Sep 5th 2007 9:04 pm

Congratulations Jeff!!

That's brilliant news - now you just have to wait to hear back :D

I just checked the website and Im not showing...having looked at the calendar, I paid online/received my receipt on the 29th July, mailed application 30th July (Monday)...which means they must have received my package sometime the first week of August. So I have to wait until the next update. Ho hum.

Also...

Pardon my silliness (just to be sure...I can be a bit of a donut sometimes!)

When I enter the receipt number (IMM 5401) - is the number I use the one from my print out for when I paid online?

Thank you...and congrats again!

ChelseaUK

Jeffinthecity Sep 6th 2007 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK (Post 5278416)
Congratulations Jeff!!

That's brilliant news - now you just have to wait to hear back :D

I just checked the website and Im not showing...having looked at the calendar, I paid online/received my receipt on the 29th July, mailed application 30th July (Monday)...which means they must have received my package sometime the first week of August. So I have to wait until the next update. Ho hum.

Also...

Pardon my silliness (just to be sure...I can be a bit of a donut sometimes!)

When I enter the receipt number (IMM 5401) - is the number I use the one from my print out for when I paid online?

Thank you...and congrats again!

ChelseaUK

It's not silly at all...I never knew you could track your application through your payment receipt...I thought you had to wait to get a case or file number...

Well I tried tracking mine but it was unsuccessful!I'll just wait for the case/file number to come through which should be anytime this week!! :D:D:D

Jeffinthecity Sep 7th 2007 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity (Post 5280464)
It's not silly at all...I never knew you could track your application through your payment receipt...I thought you had to wait to get a case or file number...

Well I tried tracking mine but it was unsuccessful!I'll just wait for the case/file number to come through which should be anytime this week!! :D:D:D

Well...we got our Sponsorship approval back today!!! Sooo chuffed!!!!

It's now in London!!Come on!!!!

Thunderchicken Sep 8th 2007 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Jeffinthecity (Post 5286134)
Well...we got our Sponsorship approval back today!!! Sooo chuffed!!!!

It's now in London!!Come on!!!!

Hoorah! :)

Fingers crossed for ya.

Mandi.

Jeffinthecity Sep 8th 2007 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderchicken (Post 5288050)
Hoorah! :)

Fingers crossed for ya.

Mandi.

Cheers TC!!Sooooo chuffed!!!

cancov Sep 10th 2007 4:18 pm

Hey

Just an update...

Today, Ecas now shows that PR application is "in process". It says that CHC London started processing hubby's application on September 5.

Kellie

ChelseaUK Sep 14th 2007 7:05 am

Just checked my sponsorship application and something finally shows...*shock horror*

Mississauga received our application August 10th. Started Processing September 11th - decision made same day...and letter sent out.

Thunderchicken Sep 14th 2007 8:42 am

Keeping my fingers crossed for y'all. Good to see things are moving along. :thumbsup:

Mandi.

simon876 Sep 14th 2007 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Thunderchicken (Post 5310133)
Keeping my fingers crossed for y'all. Good to see things are moving along. :thumbsup:

Mandi.

Hey Mandi,

Looks like we might be in London by early October, eh?

Simon & Laura:thumbup:

Thunderchicken Sep 14th 2007 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by simon876 (Post 5310462)
Hey Mandi,

Looks like we might be in London by early October, eh?

Simon & Laura:thumbup:

Bloody marvellous!!

OH flies over to London tomorrow for a week to set things up. We're still looking at November so keep that beer on ice. He's meeting Vicki Tues or Weds, thanks for the lead she's great!

Mandi. x

andrewrb143 Sep 14th 2007 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK (Post 5309886)
Just checked my sponsorship application and something finally shows...*shock horror*

Mississauga received our application August 10th. Started Processing September 11th - decision made same day...and letter sent out.

Crikey, one day??! Wonder what they where doing with mine for 22 weeks then!!

ChelseaUK Sep 14th 2007 5:18 pm

Hey Andrewb143...

Yeah, I was a bit surprised to read online (yet excited..) to see that they had processed mine on the 11th, made a decison that same day and sent a letter out that day as well. I just have to wait to receive that letter and hope and pray its great news with 'approved' stamped on it.

ChelseaUK Sep 17th 2007 7:42 pm

Yeeeeeeees!!!!

Received our letter from Mississauga today telling us our sponsorship application has been approved and its now off to London for the final stages. :thumbsup:

Jeffinthecity Sep 18th 2007 11:36 am

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK (Post 5322701)
Yeeeeeeees!!!!

Received our letter from Mississauga today telling us our sponsorship application has been approved and its now off to London for the final stages. :thumbsup:

Congrats Chels!!!See...it was all fine eh!

I'm still yet to hear from London!!It's been two weeks now since they received it...but I gotta stop counting as it's gonna drive me nuts!! Finished my job on Friday...so i'm now a bum...might write a book on Common-Law immigration! :D

ChelseaUK Sep 18th 2007 5:48 pm

Thank you, Jeff. I was so pleased and excited to get that news.

So are you going to enjoy your time off work now? Might as well...treat it like a long holiday... :)

I wonder how long we have to wait for London to process our stuff. Canada was awfully quick, so hopefully London will be the same. I'm also hoping we get most of our stuff back too - like cards and photos - they can keep the old bills ;) HaHa

Keep in touch and good luck with yours :)

Chelsea

annabella Sep 18th 2007 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK (Post 5272639)
Hey everyone...

Thanks,

Chelsea

You have mentioned Mississauga in some of your postings. Are you doing an outland application then? I have been strongly recommended to do that too because it is quicker, although I am living in Canada with my common-law who is sponsoring me. I understand that you are a sponsor and your partner is either in UK or here. Do you know how easy it is to ship in personal effects while being sponsored but before being officially approved to stay? Any info would be useful and thanks in advance.

ChelseaUK Sep 18th 2007 6:47 pm

Hi there Annabella...

I just recently came back from the UK. I was there for 2 years with my partner (he's British, Im Canadian) and it expired...so I had to come back home. We sent off our application to Mississauga as it is quicker. He is still in the UK but will be coming over in November/December as he's wrapping up the sale of his house.

As for shipping goods, I believe you can/could do that at anytime....if you have an address to send the items to. You'll have to fill out a customs document saying what you're shipping over, and there is a 'goods to follow' form, I believe...but to be honest, I'm not the best person to ask about that...as we havent had to sort shipping out yet. Sorry!

Perhaps someone else can answer Annabella's question?

annabella Sep 18th 2007 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK (Post 5326879)
Hi there Annabella...

I just recently came back from the UK. I was there for 2 years with my partner (he's British, Im Canadian) and it expired...so I had to come back home. We sent off our application to Mississauga as it is quicker. He is still in the UK but will be coming over in November/December as he's wrapping up the sale of his house.

As for shipping goods, I believe you can/could do that at anytime....if you have an address to send the items to. You'll have to fill out a customs document saying what you're shipping over, and there is a 'goods to follow' form, I believe...but to be honest, I'm not the best person to ask about that...as we havent had to sort shipping out yet. Sorry!

Perhaps someone else can answer Annabella's question?

Thank you.

Jeffinthecity Sep 19th 2007 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK (Post 5326644)
Thank you, Jeff. I was so pleased and excited to get that news.

So are you going to enjoy your time off work now? Might as well...treat it like a long holiday... :)

I wonder how long we have to wait for London to process our stuff. Canada was awfully quick, so hopefully London will be the same. I'm also hoping we get most of our stuff back too - like cards and photos - they can keep the old bills ;) HaHa

Keep in touch and good luck with yours :)

Chelsea

Yeah i'm going to try and use the time productively...volunteering, try and learn a language etc. and take bit of a holiday!! I get to watch my beloved Arsenal in the Champions League live for the first time in a year and half!!

Going to make the most of it, as soon as the PR is in i'm gonna be working like a trojan!!!

Hopefully London will be speedy in processing our applications...but i'm not holding my breathe!!! Plus it will take them ages to get through our mammoth app. included soooo much stuff!!It weighed the same as a small child!!

I just hate not knowing what's going on...and the wait is gonna kill me!!!

Will keep you updated if I hear any rumblings from Landan!! :d

annabella Sep 19th 2007 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK (Post 5322701)
Yeeeeeeees!!!!

Chelsea sorry, it's me again,

What do you mean that "it's now off to London......". You would have filled in region specific forms, I would guess, while still in UK then to sponsor your partner and posted off the application to Mississauga from UK. Your sponsorship application has been approved then at Mississauga but what then does London have to do with it? I am asking this because I told you I have been advised to go for the outland route as it is quicker.
You did say that you were back here in Canada.
Thanks again

ChelseaUK Sep 19th 2007 5:12 pm

Hi Annabella...

If application gets approved in Mississauga, it then gets sent to London for final stages...where PR is issued. From what I've read online, it looks like it can take 3-9 months for everything to be finalized. So if you apply out-land, its much quicker.

Are you currently in the UK or Canada atm?

Chelsea

annabella Sep 19th 2007 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK (Post 5330471)
Hi Annabella...

If application gets approved in Mississauga, it then gets sent to London for final stages...where PR is issued. From what I've read online, it looks like it can take 3-9 months for everything to be finalized. So if you apply out-land, its much quicker.

Are you currently in the UK or Canada atm?

Chelsea

I have been in Canada for well over a year now. Need to leave shortly for personal and business matters in Europe and shall submit sponsorship application on my return at which point I shall first have to have the medical .Many on this site advise me to apply outland. That would be through Paris though as although I am a Brit I have lived in France for many years. One snag brought to my attention is that if there had to be an interview, and we had applied through Paris, we would both have to pay the cost of travelling and staying there for that interview. Another prob is that as I am now here, my house in France is being sold, so no longer have a "residential address". If authorities in Paris wanted to contact me it would have to be here and would that be accepted. The only address I shall have once sale goes through beg Nov is here in Ontario. You can understand I am tempted to go inland even though there is a longer delay. It is just easier in the circumstances. I am retired so do not need a work permit as younger applicants would. I am also covered for medical insurance so don't need that either. In other words there is no particular rush except of course there would be peace of mind to have PR.

ChelseaUK Sep 19th 2007 5:25 pm

I hear ya, Jeff

Our application was pretty darn heavy too. I had to squeeze everything into our large folder and it was packed tight. :blink:

I sure hope London are speedy and we all hear good news soon!

I sent a msg out to Mr. Miller yesterday asking about medicals because Scott had done his a bit too early...(well, 7 months to be exact!) before we finally sent our application off (it was much harder than we had expected...and took us time to prepare stuff and make sure it was perfect) so now we're worried that it might 'time out' if we dont hear back from London by December and he'll have to get them done again...and we all know those arent cheap. Gah.

ChelseaUK Sep 19th 2007 5:31 pm

Hey Annabella...

Im not sure what the time line would be for applying via Paris. I can only guess it'll be much quicker to apply via Paris than to apply in Canada. Maybe seek advice from Mr. Miller and he'll be able to give you a definite and accurate answer as to what is best for your situation. :)

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Chelsea

Giggles2080 Sep 19th 2007 7:39 pm

Hi, guys!

Do any of you know how long it takes London to acknowledge that they have received the application? Ours was sent to London on September 6th and it doesn't say anything on ecas...hmmm, am I being impatient?! hahaha I know I am!!

C'mon LONDON!!!!!

This is my timeline so far...

We received your application to sponsor xxxxxx on August 1, 2007.

We started processing your application on September 6, 2007.

We sent you a letter on September 6, 2007 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We forwarded your application to the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) on September 6, 2007.

We forwarded your application to London on September 6, 2007.

Giggles2080 Sep 19th 2007 7:45 pm

Oh! I just wanted to know if you all sent in your Police Clearance/Certificate with your application? I'm only asking because I made a "Boo Boo" and got totally confused with reading EVERYTHING I could get my hands on about this whole bloody processing and got confused between inland and outland applications and their police checks...inland don't request police checks sent in with application - Outland DO request police checks with application.

Silly mistake on my part...I sent off the request for my Police Clearance/Certificate yesterday. I just hope it doesn't slow things down!! This is nail-biting stuff as it is! argh! :huh:

ChelseaUK Sep 19th 2007 10:18 pm

Hey Giggles2080...

My partner got his police clearance certificate and medicals done roughly around the same time and sent it with our application. Our only worry is that things might time out as they're good for a year...so if we dont hear anything by Decemberish...he's going to have to get it all done again. :( Bad mistake on our part for getting them done...and waiting 7 months to send application off. Gah!

We still have to pay the rest of our fees as well...which we should send off soon instead of waiting for London to contact us for them...which will cause delays.

annabella Sep 20th 2007 12:41 am

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK (Post 5330555)
Hey Annabella...

Im not sure what the time line would be for applying via Paris. I can only guess it'll be much quicker to apply via Paris than to apply in Canada. Maybe seek advice from Mr. Miller and he'll be able to give you a definite and accurate answer as to what is best for your situation. :)

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Chelsea

Thanks again Chelsea. Had a blast of intelligence - only a tiny one mind you and it didn't last long - think I'll ring up CIC and ask them about my little problems.

Giggles2080 Sep 20th 2007 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK (Post 5331708)
Hey Giggles2080...

My partner got his police clearance certificate and medicals done roughly around the same time and sent it with our application. Our only worry is that things might time out as they're good for a year...so if we dont hear anything by Decemberish...he's going to have to get it all done again. :( Bad mistake on our part for getting them done...and waiting 7 months to send application off. Gah!

We still have to pay the rest of our fees as well...which we should send off soon instead of waiting for London to contact us for them...which will cause delays.

I heard on another forum that they don't always ask you to do the medical again if it's expired!! It depends how far they are with your application!! Thankfully outland apps are pretty fast so maybe you will be OK!! I still can't believe I messed up with the police checks (Dopey!!!!) my big worry is the delays it might cause!! argh!! :frown:

ChelseaUK Sep 20th 2007 6:23 pm

Cheers for the peace of mind, Giggles2080...

I really REALLY hope we're okay with that and dont have to get medicals done again...apart from the expense of them, it'll put major delays on our application.

Let's just see how fast London is... :confused:

Have you sent away for your police checks already? I think it was about 35-40 days for Scott to get his back.

Giggles2080 Sep 20th 2007 7:04 pm

Yeah, I sent the forms off yesterday to my sister so she can hand them in at the police station! I sent a cover letter explaining the situation but I've just found out that I need to also send in some forms of ID...she just sent off a copy of my passport and a bill with my name and addy on! Should be all there by next week, then I'll just have to wait! Do you think I should get them sent to my parents home in England rather than send them back to me in Canada? Then my family can just send them on to London?! What a boo boo I made! :o

Yeah the medicals were a bit expensive! Hopefully you wont have to pay again! I have full confidence in London processing all our applications before CHRISTMAS!!! WOOHOO!!! :eek:

ChelseaUK Sep 20th 2007 7:30 pm

Hey Giggles2080

Excellent news about sending off for police checks...now just the wait, and that shouldnt take too long. I think I'd have them delivered to your parents house in the UK and have them mail that out for you...it'll be much faster. Canada post is so darn slow...

ChelseaUK Sep 20th 2007 7:40 pm

Hey Annabella...

Were you able to get in touch with someone from CIC and find out what to do?

Giggles2080 Sep 20th 2007 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK (Post 5335614)
Hey Giggles2080

Excellent news about sending off for police checks...now just the wait, and that shouldnt take too long. I think I'd have them delivered to your parents house in the UK and have them mail that out for you...it'll be much faster. Canada post is so darn slow...

So true, Canada mail is as slow as a bloody SNAIL!! Yeah, you're probably right, will be so much faster to just get them mailed to my folks!!

I was just on another forum and the inland applications are getting processed FAST!! People who applied in March are getting approved already! :eek: Wow, so I guess there wasn't much difference between going inland and outland!! I'm happy we went outland though, who knows, maybe it's just a faze CIC are going through! hahaha :eek:

ChelseaUK Sep 20th 2007 10:30 pm

That's great news for people who applied in-land. It only made sense to apply out-land for us...and at the time we were told it was faster. Maybe now its not the case...heh.

I cant' wait to hear when everyone gets there good news from London. We'll have to toast to each other online... :thumbsup:

annabella Sep 20th 2007 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK (Post 5335645)
Hey Annabella...

Were you able to get in touch with someone from CIC and find out what to do?

Have done nothing til now partly because I shan't be sending applications until just before end year. By the way - and I may be wrong - about medicals etc being out of time - if they are in time as it were when you send them surely you can't be responsible for the powers that be pondering over your application for too long thus making them out of time. Also you know police certificates can be sent here to Canada. I did that with both UK and French ones and they came back both within three weeks of online application and they didn't forget to send back supporting documents i.e. in the case of UK an original birth certificate.
Thanks for keeping in touch Chelsea, do appreciate it and of course all the best to you both for your application and its quick resolution.