Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CPC aproved my spousal application, please ,need further infomation.

CPC aproved my spousal application, please ,need further infomation.

Old Jun 9th 2001, 2:05 pm
xian chi

Hello

I sent my application for spousal sponsorship early May, 01. Yesterday I received
letter saying I am eligible as a family class sponsor.

they'd also return the original copy of the marriage documents and my immigration
paper etc.., say I will received a form to fill out up coming 4 weeks. I am eagerly
awaiting forward to that. I wonder what kind of form is it and what do I need to do?

From my knowledge I know spousal sponsor processing in West China time line is about
8 to 12 months. Do I expect to start the count down now?

also I want to know, now that now that my application had been approved here in
Canada does it mean my wife for sure can receive PR? or which is more important,
application approved in Canada or approval from China?

please reply

Thank You.

Xian Chi

Old Jun 9th 2001, 2:24 pm
Andrew Miller

All you have received so far is only the approval of you as a sponsor. Now your wife
must submit her immigration application and processing time will start from the
moment her application is logged in. There is nothing sure in this business, your
wife will have to go through the entire process and will receive her visa only if she
will be able to prove that your relationship and marriage is a bona fide one (not
just a marriage of convenience for the purpose of immigration), if she doesn't have
criminal record and if she passes medical and background/security checks. Brace
yourself for long process...

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 9th 2001, 2:56 pm
xian chi

Thank for the reply Mr. Miller

at least my part is done, its good to know things is moving.

On Sat, 09 Jun 2001 14:24:56 GMT, "Andrew Miller"

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 9th 2001, 2:57 pm
xian chi

Our marriage is strictly bona fide!

On Sat, 09 Jun 2001 14:56:00 GMT, xian chi <[email protected]> wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

>
[usenetquote2]>>All you have received so far is only the approval of you as a sponsor. Now your[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>wife must submit her immigration application and processing time will start from[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>the moment her application is logged in. There is nothing sure in this business,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>your wife will have to go through the entire process and will receive her visa only[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>if she will be able to prove that your relationship and marriage is a bona fide one[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>(not just a marriage of convenience for the purpose of immigration), if she doesn't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>have criminal record and if she passes medical and background/security checks.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>Brace yourself for long process...[/usenetquote2]