Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Covering letter with initial application/forms

Covering letter with initial application/forms

Old Feb 25th 2010, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Covering letter with initial application/forms

Hi guys,

Is there any value in providing a covering letter explaining in brief, high level terms why you believe you meet the entrance criteria and believe you'd easily become 'economically established' in Canada?

Thanks all
Old Feb 25th 2010, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covering letter with initial application/forms

Hi
We did a front sheet for each section, which we listed what was in the section. We also did stat declarations for anything that we did not have a document for to explain the point in question fully.

If nothing else, we could go straight to a document in our copy file if we had to. So found it very useful. I suppose you cannot be put down for supplying the additional info, far better that than 'forget' something important. Too much is always better than too little.
Hope this helps
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Hi guys,

Is there any value in providing a covering letter explaining in brief, high level terms why you believe you meet the entrance criteria and believe you'd easily become 'economically established' in Canada?

Thanks all
Old Feb 25th 2010, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply, Stef

I don't want to bombard the IO with useless cr*p, but I want to appear prepared and helpful during my own application process. So long as I'm not coming across as trying to know the process inside out (and annoying the IO!), I think it might be worthwhile.

Anyone else?

Thanks again
Old Feb 25th 2010, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I am of the opinion that a well put together tidy, neat application....is smiled upon by whoever has to look through it.
Can you imagine some of the scruffy throw togethers they must get?
lol
Stef

Thanks for the reply, Stef

I don't want to bombard the IO with useless cr*p, but I want to appear prepared and helpful during my own application process. So long as I'm not coming across as trying to know the process inside out (and annoying the IO!), I think it might be worthwhile.

Anyone else?

Thanks again
Old Feb 25th 2010, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

PaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nicePaulOK is just really nice

Hi guys,

Thanks all
I doubt whether it's useful at the early stage. Just give clear, succinct answers on the actual forms. Once you receive the document request then a covering letter is useful to explain any gaps, lack of employment history, special circumstances etc.

If, later, you want an example of what I wrote then PM me.

Good luck with your application.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PaulOK
I doubt whether it's useful at the early stage. Just give clear, succinct answers on the actual forms. Once you receive the document request then a covering letter is useful to explain any gaps, lack of employment history, special circumstances etc.

If, later, you want an example of what I wrote then PM me.

Good luck with your application.
I agree. A good covering letter at the 120 day document stage would do you no harm at all. I am not convinced they read the file that thoroughly on the first application to the CIO other than checking for missing ticks in boxes etc.

Cheers

Martin