Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

COPR lost in post but can they still land?

COPR lost in post but can they still land?

Old May 27th 2009, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nice
Default COPR lost in post but can they still land?

We sent our boys COPR by registered/signed for - and it arrived in UK 2 weeks ago but no sign since. They are due to land at Vancouver on Sunday. As I am the principal applicant living in Canada and the rest of the family (less the boys) have PR cards already (the boys have been at uni and are just arriving before their year is up) will the fact that all their details are on the Immigration computers be enough?

Anyone know or had a similar problem?

As always any advice appreciated
Old May 27th 2009, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: COPR lost in post but can they still land?

I think you really do need the COPR. I would contact both the postal service to track down the lost package and if that failsm the visa office to re-issue the COPR. They might have to postpone their landing to get the COPR.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

Hi im 99% sure that they will need their pr cards or the visa for thier landing, not sure turning up and asking to check on the computer will work, they may need to go on to the cic website and pay $50 for a replacement and i dont think it will arrive quickly...Hope im right but have a look on the wiki (the blue bar on the top of the screen) or im sure more senior posters will be able to confirm.good luck hope it gets sorted...oh yeh chase up the post office.

MR79
Old May 29th 2009, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nicechrisbryson is just really nice

Thanks for the responses. They are going to try and land on Sunday anyway. No response from CHC and immigration officials in our town said they would still process them but it will actually depend (as always) on who they get at Vancouver. Watch this space...
Old May 29th 2009, 11:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Why on earth was something this important not sent by courier? There have been so many bad stories about documents lost in the regular post.
Old May 29th 2009, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

chams is on a distinguished road

Why does London CHC send passports back via regular (albeit "signed for") mail?
This I'll never understand.
Even CD companies, or Amazon sends via courier which can be tracked.
I'll get my new garden tools from Lee Valley w/o worrying, but cross my fingers and hope my passport doesn't get lost in the morass that is the union shop of Canada Post.

Last edited by chams; May 29th 2009 at 11:47 pm.