Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Continuous work experience for FSW EE

Continuous work experience for FSW EE

Old Sep 4th 2019, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Mastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Continuous work experience for FSW EE

Hi,

I have been looking into EE with the hopes of submitting my profile next year once my husband and I have managed to save all the funds we would require for POF. I currently have 11 months experience in recruitment which is skill type B on NOC.

However, I am now on maternity leave and will probably have to find another recruitment position at a different organisation as I was employed as a casual worker by my most recent employer. Once I return from Mat leave would my experience be back at square one and have to build up another 12 months or would Mat leave be overlooked per se as a special circumstance? Hoping I can just build on my existing 11 months and enter the pool sooner

thanks!
Old Sep 4th 2019, 3:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Continuous work experience for FSW EE

Are you being kept on the payroll of your employer during maternity leave? Do you have a formal contract with them or are you working on an 'ad hoc' basis? If you are returning to the same employer you might be able to meet the requirement of at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week) if you are changing employer, you may not be able to.

Are you able to get this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-check.html
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 4th 2019 at 4:01 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2019, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond reputeMastersgrad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Continuous work experience for FSW EE

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Are you being kept on the payroll of your employer during maternity leave? Do you have a formal contract with them or are you working on an 'ad hoc' basis? If you are returning to the same employer you might be able to meet the requirement of at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week) if you are changing employer, you may not be able to.

Are you able to get this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-check.html
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
yes I’m still on their payroll but my maternity pay isnt issued by them as I am employed under a casual worker agreement so I receive statutory maternity pay. Although I was working 30 hours per week for 7 months and the other 4 months I was with another employer on a permanent basis doing pretty much the exact same role. I wouldnt have a problem getting the documents required I dont think, but i’m unsure if i would have a job to go back to once my maternity leave ends so i’m just wondering if its worth me getting another role doing a similar thing or if i would have to start the 1 year of experience all over again. I never seem to do things straight forward!

thanks