Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Confused - Need Help And Advice Please !!

Confused - Need Help And Advice Please !!

Old Dec 14th 2003, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

WizDruid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused - Need Help And Advice Please !!

Hello,

I am in Canada on a visitor visa, which is due to expire on the 28th Dec.

I am awaiting a work permit from London, but to date have not heard anything except for a request for more paperwork, to which I have responded.

I decided about 2 weeks ago to stay here longer and have just received the Official Fee Reciept Form. In addition I have received full support from my new employer, including that of the employer standing as guarantor for an extended stay, until I hear one way or the other.

After reading the guidelines however I now percieve I have a problem:

I am out of the recommended timescale to apply to change my conditions of stay, which, as I understand it, if approval is rejected, as I understand it could jeopardise my future visits to or stay in Canada.

Alternatively, I could leave the country before the 28th at the Buffalo border and by re-entering have a further 6 month visitor visa.

My dilemma is, which would be the best way to approach this problem.

Should I apply to change the conditions of my stay?

Or should I just cross the border at Buffalo and if I did so,would I get a further 6 months visitor visa, or is that a misjudgement on my part?

I would appreciate help and advice quickly, so I can act quickly to extend my stay, one way or the other.

I truly hope someonce could give me some good advice on what is the best way forward?

Wiz