CONFUSED ON AGE !!!

Old Sep 26th 2007, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

LYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the roughLYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the roughLYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the roughLYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the rough
Default CONFUSED ON AGE !!!

Hi, my husband i are hoping to come to canada on a work permit, in the next couple of weeks, my daughter who will be 23 in febuary and son who is 18 are coming also on the same permit as a family well thats what we have been told we can do. reading all these forums are a real eye opener and it says something about a child being 22 should be on there own ????? can anyone enlighten me

lynsey
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:10 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CONFUSED ON AGE !!!

Hi

Originally Posted by LYNSEYTS2000URNER
Hi, my husband i are hoping to come to canada on a work permit, in the next couple of weeks, my daughter who will be 23 in febuary and son who is 18 are coming also on the same permit as a family well thats what we have been told we can do. reading all these forums are a real eye opener and it says something about a child being 22 should be on there own ????? can anyone enlighten me

lynsey
Your daughter, unless she is in school and has been since turning 22 is not considered a dependent when you submit a PR application. She would have to continue in school until a PR visa is issued. You know that if your son and daughter accompany you on your spouses work permit, that they are not eligible for work permits?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

LYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the roughLYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the roughLYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the roughLYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the rough

hi, pmm

does this mean that my daughter who is on sick leave at the moment from work, will not be able to accompany us ? we though we were going on a work permit as a family of 4.

lynsey
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:40 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

hi, pmm

does this mean that my daughter who is on sick leave at the moment from work, will not be able to accompany us ? we though we were going on a work permit as a family of 4.

lynsey
She can accompany you as a visitor (subject to the usual requirements) but as she is over 22, working, she would not be considered by CIC as your dependent.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

hi

so she can come with us yes, but she is giving her job up here, and you think with her being a visitor with us she will not be able to get employment ?

sorry for be a nuisance but your all being a great help
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:49 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

She will not be able to work because she will only have a visitors visa. Unfortunately she'll have to hang on til you apply for pr.

The only way she could work is if she had her own job offer etc and got the lmo and her own specific permit.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:51 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

hi

so she can come with us yes, but she is giving her job up here, and you think with her being a visitor with us she will not be able to get employment ?

sorry for be a nuisance but your all being a great help
Unless she can get an employer who is willing/able to get a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC that there are no Canadians/Prs available for the position and they have advertised extensively, she is not going to get a work permit. She should note that she maybe only admitted as a visitor for 6 months, although she could apply for an extension.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

will i be able to work mandy and my son on my husbands work permit ?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:52 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
She will not be able to work because she will only have a visitors visa. Unfortunately she'll have to hang on til you apply for pr.

The only way she could work is if she had her own job offer etc and got the lmo and her own specific permit.
She can't be included in the OP PR application as she is no longer a dependent. The OP stated that she was off work on sick leave, to be included as a dependent in a PR application, she would have had to be a student since turning 22 and continued as a full time student.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:54 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

will i be able to work mandy and my son on my husbands work permit ?
1. Your son will not be able to work.
2. It depends on the work permit that your husband is issued. For you to be eligible to apply for an open work permit, his job must fall into A&B or O of the NOC matrix. See:http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/generic/matrix.pdf
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:55 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

If you are getting an open work permit on the back of your hubbys temp one then yes straight away.

Unfortunately I don't know about your son - I presume he will not be studying so will want to work.

There may be someone else who can answer this part for you.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:56 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Well said pmm willl leave it to the profs
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

My husband is a painter & decorator, and it looks like i have been looking and listening through rose coloured glasses.

i have been told also that you can have a 7 bedroom house in okanagan with the mountains in your backgarden, for around £120.000 my husband will be on good pay and never work late or weekends ever again is this part at least true ?????

lynsey
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:15 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Lyndsey everyone here is very worried that you are being mis-informed

I think its time to pick up the bat phone and make a call to Andrew Miller this man knows whats what and can set you straight.

He's the most straight talking level headed guy on here and an immigration consultant who has given us all oodles of advice.

He does a free consultation so I think just to put your mind (and mine and everyone elses) at rest, give him a bell.

But one thing is for sure - don't give up on your dream!!!!!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:17 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Don't be sad, if you look on mls.ca you can see what you'll get for your money in that area, my o/h wages as a diesel tech will treble what they are over here so its not all bad. PM me if you need to chat x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.