CONFUSED ON AGE !!!

Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

LYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the roughLYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the roughLYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the roughLYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: CONFUSED ON AGE !!!

thanks mandy, were thinking of starting all over again on our own thoughts and views, instead of being told what we want to hear.

i will recomend this website to anyone any questions answered and very quickly to. dont know what i would have done without this site.

lynsey
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:31 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Its all about working around your own circumstances and qualifications. eg your son and daughter may not be able to work however (and I don't know if this is possible or not so pleeeeease don't take it as gospel) they could apply for BUNAC visa's they are within the age range - look them up on the CIC website for more info.

If thats a possibility then they could be working as well as you guys and then apply for pr like so many others on here have via that route!

You have to look at all avenues if you want to change your life!

ps I know what you mean about hubbys working evenings and weekends, it breaks my heart to see mine nearly killing himself all the hours he does over here just so we have a half decent lifestyle. Now he's doing even more while we save for the move - so for his health and happiness it can't come soon enough!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:38 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by LYNSEYTS2000URNER
My husband is a painter & decorator, and it looks like i have been looking and listening through rose coloured glasses.

i have been told also that you can have a 7 bedroom house in okanagan with the mountains in your backgarden, for around £120.000 my husband will be on good pay and never work late or weekends ever again is this part at least true ?????

lynsey
If you go to MLS.ca and search all of the Okanagon for 5 bedroom houses less $250K with view it returns NONE. The only house in your price range is in Enderby, which is north of Vernon.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:52 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Also Lyndsey the other guy correcting me on my replies (thanks PMM) - also knows what he's talking about - listen to him
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is a painter & decorator, and it looks like i have been looking and listening through rose coloured glasses.

i have been told also that you can have a 7 bedroom house in okanagan with the mountains in your backgarden, for around £120.000 my husband will be on good pay and never work late or weekends ever again is this part at least true ?????

lynsey
He may never work late or weekends but, if he doesn't, it is unlikely you will have the house you have referred to. You really need to check out www.mls.ca to ascertain how realistic the suggestion that you can obtain the house you have referred to for the price you have stated - I seriously think not
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

You know a work permit is just a temporary thing Lynsey? It doesn't allow you to live and work in Canada indefinitely - you'll need to apply for permanent residence to do that.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:01 am
Sutton On

QPRanger is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought you said he was an electrician on another thread?????

I think you ought to get another lawyer it sounds like youve been badly mis informed
Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

LYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the roughLYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the roughLYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the roughLYNSEYTS2000URNER is a jewel in the rough

hi qpr

he is an electrican and a qualified painter his prefered occupation is electrician but we have been told that he has to retrain to canadian standards, so were going to apply for a work permit with him being a p&d

lynsey
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:56 pm
Here at last!!!

sydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant future

Hi

I would also like to point out that although your husband won't be working evenings and weekends, there is every chance that he will be working 50 weeks out of 52. It is quite normal in Canada when you start a job, that you only get 2 weeks vacation to start with.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:48 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

You only get two weeks of vacation in Canada?

Why didn't someone post this nugget of information earlier?
Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:56 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bazzz
You only get two weeks of vacation in Canada?

Why didn't someone post this nugget of information earlier?
Thats been covered in loads of threads on here
But plenty of bank hols
and better working conditions and better life style for FAMILY :curse:
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:36 pm
Here at last!!!

sydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant future
Smile Re: CONFUSED ON AGE !!!

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
Thats been covered in loads of threads on here
But plenty of bank hols
and better working conditions and better life style for FAMILY :curse:
Again I hate to disappoint but Canada actually only gets 2 more bank holidays than the UK does. It doesn't bother me as I work for myself and my husband is a teacher but it can be hard for those people who don't have family over here and have kids in school who have 2 months off during the summer.
You are definitely right about the better lifestyle etc etc though
Old Sep 27th 2007, 8:16 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

OP is a WUM surely.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:43 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

hi qpr

he is an electrican and a qualified painter his prefered occupation is electrician but we have been told that he has to retrain to canadian standards, so were going to apply for a work permit with him being a p&d

lynsey
Lynsey, neither an electrician nor a painter and decorator belongs to an occupational classification that allows his/her spouse to get an open work permit. An open work permit is one that would allow the spouse to get a job without the employer first having to recruit for the job, trying to find a willing and able Canadian resident for it, and applying for LMO. So, in essence, as long as your husband is going to be in Canada on a work permit, it will be tough for you to get a work permit. (But, with that said, I don't know what your qualifications and experience are. Perhaps you do in fact belong to an occupation that is under-represented in the part of Canada to which you are heading.)

In the parts of Canada in which there are building booms, tradesmen work long hours. Well, I can only speak for Calgary, but that has been my observation here. This past summer, we had our fence replaced, and the carpenters worked as long as it was light (till nearly 10.00 p.m.). We didn't ask them to work that late. They did it on their own initiative (or, more likely, on their boss's initiative). Tradesmen in Calgary are always stretched too thin, and they always have a backlog of jobs waiting for their attention.

Your husband would earn more money as an electrician than he would as a painter and decorator. If he was so inclined, he could order the study materials while he was still in the UK and study them to prepare himself for the electrician's exam. Provided an electrician has the required amount of experience, he does not have to re-train as such. All he has to do is pass an exam. (Well, I shouldn't say all he has to do is to pass the exam. BE members who have done the exam have reported that it was tough, especially because some things are done differently in Canada, and some of the terminology is different. )

You can read more about that in the BE Wiki article on Skilled Trades. The article includes links to places from which you can order the study materials for the exam.

If you are not allowed to work and cannot supplement your husband's income, I believe it will be hard for him to provide your family with a good standard of living on a painter's wage. (But the one variable that I don't know is how much of a down payment you'll be able to bring with you from the UK. That will affect the amount of house that you'll be able to buy.)

i have been told also that you can have a 7 bedroom house in okanagan with the mountains in your backgarden, for around £120.000
Whoever told you that was smoking an illegal substance.

Last edited by Judy in Calgary; Oct 24th 2007 at 6:07 am.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:21 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
\
Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Lynsey, neither an electrician nor a painter and decorator belongs to an occupational classification that allows his/her spouse to get an open work permit. An open work permit is one that would allow the spouse to get a job without the employer first having to recruit for the job, trying to find a willing and able Canadian resident for it, and applying for LMO. So, in essence, as long as your husband is going to be in Canada on a work permit, it will be tough for you to get a work permit. (But, with that said, I don't know what your qualifications and experience are. Perhaps you do in fact belong to an occupation that is under-represented in the part of Canada to which you are heading.)

In the parts of Canada in which there are building booms, tradesmen work long hours. Well, I can only speak for Calgary, but that has been my observation here. This past summer, we had our fence replaced, and the carpenters worked as long as it was light (till nearly 10.00 p.m.). We didn't ask them to work that late. They did it on their own initiative (or, more likely, on their boss's initiative). Tradesmen in Calgary are always stretched too thin, and they always have a backlog of jobs waiting for their attention.

Your husband would earn more money as an electrician than he would as a painter and decorator. If he was so inclined, he could order the study materials while he was still in the UK and study them to prepare himself for the electrician's exam. Provided an electrician has the required amount of experience, he does not have to re-train as such. All he has to do is pass an exam. (Well, I shouldn't say all he has to do is to pass the exam. BE members who have done the exam have reported that it was tough, especially because some things are done differently in Canada, and some of the terminology is different. )

You can read more about that in the BE Wiki article on Skilled Trades. The article includes links to places from which you can order the study materials for the exam.

If you are not allowed to work and cannot supplement your husband's income, I believe it will be hard for him to provide your family with a good standard of living on a painter's wage. (But the one variable that I don't know is how much of a down payment you'll be able to bring with you from the UK. That will affect the amount of house that you'll be able to buy.)

Whoever told you that was smoking an illegal substance.
Sorry but both Painters and Electricians fall into the Category B of the NOC and their spouses would be entitled to apply for an open work permit.

http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/generic/matrix.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.