Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Confused about Canadian sponsorship

Confused about Canadian sponsorship

Old Feb 26th 2005, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light
Default Confused about Canadian sponsorship

Please could someone help with the following:-

My husband has been approached by a large Canadian company. He is at the final stage of his interview and will be in Toronto in mid March.

I understand that if he is successful, the company has to apply to the Canadian authorties for a work permit. Does anybody have experience of this?

Does myself and our two children automatically get to live in Canada?

Would I be able to get a work permit?

Sorry to sound naive but this has all happened so quickly and I dont know where to start getting answers from. ( Alot of questions will be answered when we are over in Toronto but I need to know now!!

Thanks

Bombards
Old Feb 26th 2005, 3:13 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused about Canadian sponsorship

Originally Posted by bombards
Please could someone help with the following:-

My husband has been approached by a large Canadian company. He is at the final stage of his interview and will be in Toronto in mid March.

I understand that if he is successful, the company has to apply to the Canadian authorties for a work permit. Does anybody have experience of this?

Does myself and our two children automatically get to live in Canada?

Would I be able to get a work permit?

Sorry to sound naive but this has all happened so quickly and I dont know where to start getting answers from. ( Alot of questions will be answered when we are over in Toronto but I need to know now!!

Thanks

Bombards
If a work permit is approved for your husband then you and your children will be able to accompany him to Canada and your children would be able to attend public schools in Canada.