Confused

Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice
Default Confused

Hi,

I think i'm going to be posting a lot over the next few days:

On the London visa office specific instructions it asks for birth, marriage, passports etc but further on in 'employment & work experience' it specifies 'notarized' qualifications, employment contracts.

Does then then mean the other docs can just be regular copies and don't have to be 'notarized' ?

Regards,

Gav.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all
Default Re: Confused

All the birth certs etc I sent to them were certified copies which I paid 7 pounds each for from the register at the council offices. I have had all these sent back to me as they are copies and not photocopies - which surprised me as I did not expect them to come back.

All qualifications etc. I photocopied and had notorised by a friend who is a solicitor for the high court.

The Police cert if obviously the genuine one to be sent in.

JET
Old Aug 27th 2009, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Glam
Hi,

I think i'm going to be posting a lot over the next few days:

On the London visa office specific instructions it asks for birth, marriage, passports etc but further on in 'employment & work experience' it specifies 'notarized' qualifications, employment contracts.

Does then then mean the other docs can just be regular copies and don't have to be 'notarized' ?

Regards,

Gav.
i just submitted my docs yesterday and didn't notarize anything. i just took it from the 90 day letter request which didn't mention anything other than copies. i'll see how it goes!!
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice

Originally Posted by goodpikey
i just submitted my docs yesterday and didn't notarize anything. i just took it from the 90 day letter request which didn't mention anything other than copies. i'll see how it goes!!
Keep us up to date

Gav
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JET747
All the birth certs etc I sent to them were certified copies which I paid 7 pounds each for from the register at the council offices. I have had all these sent back to me as they are copies and not photocopies - which surprised me as I did not expect them to come back.

All qualifications etc. I photocopied and had notorised by a friend who is a solicitor for the high court.

The Police cert if obviously the genuine one to be sent in.

JET
Sounds odd, so they sent back the certified copies because they wanted photocopies?
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all

No - - The certified education certificates that we sent were photocopies which were signed as being a true copy of the originals.

HOWEVER

The Birth , Marriage certficates that I sent were certified copies of the originals that were written by the registrar in the council offices. They cost £7 each and are just like the original - but with certified copy on top. Therefore I imagine they they thought that they were the real thing and therefore sent them back ?

JET