Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Concern over UK Simplified Application Process

Concern over UK Simplified Application Process

Old Jan 4th 2007, 6:11 pm
purple-ferrets

purple-ferrets is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Concern over UK Simplified Application Process

Hi All

I have been lurking about on this board as we intend to put our Canadian application in this year, we have been thinking through and researching the idea rather than jumping in and obviously making sure we do meet the criteria.

We have saved funds and will also be studying further once we apply, e.g. learning an additional language e.g. French and ICDL qualifications.

I was a little concerned to read in another post on here that people who have applied using the simplified process are now the lowest priority, however there does not seem to be any alternative other than applying this way. We were going to put it in and pay the landing fee? at the same time later this month.

We have thought about the possibility of the PNP programme and although this sounds good, we would really not mind the time to sort things out and get people used to the idea, although there is another part of me that says I would love to be out in possibly Golden BC alot sooner rather than later.....
Old Jan 4th 2007, 6:53 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Concern over UK Simplified Application Process

It will all depend on how long you are willing to wait because the simplified process probably means that your application would not be processed until well after 2008. PNP would get you through in about a year give or take.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 7:42 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

You should start looking for job offer - you will need it for BC PNP anyway. Even without PNP applicants with arranged employment (job offer with positive AEO from HRSDC or already working in Canada on valid work permit) can submit full application packages, instead of simplified form, and have their cases fast tracked well ahead of simplified application cases.

Also, with employer willing to go through LMO process you may get here relatively fast (in the matter of months) with work permit and not worry too much about processing time of PR application.

Originally Posted by purple-ferrets
Hi All

I have been lurking about on this board as we intend to put our Canadian application in this year, we have been thinking through and researching the idea rather than jumping in and obviously making sure we do meet the criteria.

We have saved funds and will also be studying further once we apply, e.g. learning an additional language e.g. French and ICDL qualifications.

I was a little concerned to read in another post on here that people who have applied using the simplified process are now the lowest priority, however there does not seem to be any alternative other than applying this way. We were going to put it in and pay the landing fee? at the same time later this month.

We have thought about the possibility of the PNP programme and although this sounds good, we would really not mind the time to sort things out and get people used to the idea, although there is another part of me that says I would love to be out in possibly Golden BC alot sooner rather than later.....
Old Jan 4th 2007, 7:53 pm
purple-ferrets

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You should start looking for job offer - you will need it for BC PNP anyway. Even without PNP applicants with arranged employment (job offer with positive AEO from HRSDC or already working in Canada on valid work permit) can submit full application packages, instead of simplified form, and have their cases fast tracked well ahead of simplified application cases.

Also, with employer willing to go through LMO process you may get here relatively fast (in the matter of months) with work permit and not worry too much about processing time of PR application.
We are just reading up on the BC Pnp, and it makes sense however I'm trawling some of the job board links and some don't seem to work. I would like some more research in varying companies in the area so does anything like a list of employers exist, I don't have specifics in mind I would just like to know some background to companies if we apply.

I also need to learn to make our CV's likeable to the Canadian Market, I think I spotted some good CV tips on the other forum here I will have a check.

Thanks

Last edited by purple-ferrets; Jan 4th 2007 at 7:56 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 8:50 pm
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

I would suggest looking for a job now out there and then get employers to apply for AEO approved by HRDC.. When I applied they still had old sytem but then new sytem was there too. I applied by old sytem as I waited till my future employers applied for AEO. I already had my whole old sytem way files all done. Unfortunately waiting for all this AEO stuff to get approved by HRDC I went past date where old system was in place.

Luckily for me they got approvel from HRDC which meant I could send whole thing in. If I did not get approvel as I waited past old system date I would have only been able to apply using new system which is just intial forms and payments. I am glad I took risk in waiting as sending whole file seems to be the best way. Only way you can do that now is with AEO or LMO.

So it might be worth you wiating and seeing if you get job out there. I am not sure on rules that if you apply simple way can you send all your files if you did get AEO at later date. You might need to research that part. Anyway good luck with what you decide.
Old Jan 4th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple-ferrets
We are just reading up on the BC Pnp, and it makes sense however I'm trawling some of the job board links and some don't seem to work.
Have you tried www.workopolis.ca ; www.jobsbank.ca ; loads on there for the whole country.

I also need to learn to make our CV's likeable to the Canadian Market, I think I spotted some good CV tips on the other forum here I will have a check.

Thanks
Do a search on the forum for CV's - this has been covered in the thread below scroll down the thread to look for Judy in Calgary's posting full of interesting tips and hyperlinks etc.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=CV%27s

Hope this helps u a bit

Gaynor

Last edited by burton bunch; Jan 4th 2007 at 10:13 pm. Reason: link in wrong place - ooooooooops
Old Jan 4th 2007, 10:22 pm
purple-ferrets

Sorry to appear blonde, but what is AEO or LMO?
Old Jan 4th 2007, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

AEO - Approved Employment Offer

LMO - Labour Market Opinion

An AEO hen submitted with a PR visa application helps to fast track the application, whereas the LMO is an approval from Service Canada (Like Dept of Employment here in the UK) to obtain a Work Permit but this has no bearing on a PR application

Gaynor
Old Jan 4th 2007, 10:39 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

LMO not only leads to work permit but one of the arranged employment options (to add points and to fast track PR application) is to be already working in Canada on valid work permit. And this is much better option than just AEO, as (1) person is already living and working legally in Canada with health coverage and other benefits and (2) many AEO are simply rejected by visa posts.

Originally Posted by burton bunch
AEO - Approved Employment Offer

LMO - Labour Market Opinion

An AEO hen submitted with a PR visa application helps to fast track the application, whereas the LMO is an approval from Service Canada (Like Dept of Employment here in the UK) to obtain a Work Permit but this has no bearing on a PR application

Gaynor