Complex situation

Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Dilettante is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Complex situation

I'm just wondering if anyone would be able to help, as I'm rather confused.

I'm looking to emigrate to Canada and I seem to meet the requirements for entry(I will have to double check that though, as some of the categories seem ambiguous, i.e. education not including training through work NVQ's) and I wasn't really certain what category geriatric care came under).

Now, the problem is with my son, who is currently 21 years old(will be 22 early december). Clearly we want him to come with us, but will it still be possible to do so given how long it takes for clearance to be given? If so, I assume we need to get the forms sent before his birthday?

Secondly, he will be starting education in February 2008, which would mean financial dependency on me would begin after he turns 22. What happens in this case?(he will be taking up an open university course, which I'm led to believe equates to full time equivalency studies because it involves more than 15hrs of study per week).

Any help would be very much appreciated, my mind is rotting with all the technicalities

p.s It seems strange that my childrens qualifications won't count towards the application, given that they would make a contribution to Canadian economy. Oh well