In a complete pickle!!!

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

snowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud of
Default In a complete pickle!!!

Hello to all

I am in need of some clarification . I have contacted various Canadaian embassy visa offices and its just a, to and fro of mindless information with days to wait in between answers that mean nothing !!

Here is what I would like to do:
I am waiting for positive LMO for nursing job in Ontario.If I was successful, I would like to apply for my TWP at, the Berlin visa office ( as I have a Dutch passport, and their processing time is approx 1 month, German efficiancy!). Once I have been given the go ahead for medicals and police checks , paid money I want to arrive in Toronto.

the next part is where it gets complicated...
I would like my british husband and 2 children under 9 to accompany me, can they apply at POE?(question 1)

If not, must they apply at the UK visa office as they have british passports or can everything be sent with my stuff to Berlin (question 2)

If everything can be sent to Berlin , do I pay CAD 150 for all four of us , even though the childrens stuff is a formality? (question 3)

if my husband applies for OSWP together with me and sends to Berlin etc , does he have to have a police check too?? (question 4)

And finally... Can I just go , with my TWP and have hubby and kids apply from within Canada? (question 5).

I would be immensly grateful if any of you could shed some light onto my questions , I just want to have everything ready, then once LMO finally appears, I will be in starting blocks and wasting as little time as possible.

Many thanks to all.

P.S we all currently live in UK (dont know if that is relevant but felt I needed you give as much info as possible)
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:58 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of
Default Re: In a complete pickle!!!

Unable to answer your questions, but, congratulations on getting a nursing job! They are available to those that look. really, well done. fletch
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

snowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud of

Thank you so much,
Am really proud of myself, pimped myself out like there was no tomorrow , am so excited just want to start and show them (my new employer) that they made the right choice
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Once you get your positive LMO why not just apply when you land in Toronto for your TWP
Eligibility to apply as you enter Canada

You can apply for a work permit as you enter Canada, but only if you meet the following requirements:
•you are temporary resident visa exempt and
• your job does not need a labour market opinion from HRSDC (some exceptions apply) or
•you hold a labour market opinion from HRSDC.

To find out if you need a medical examination, see Medical examination requirements for visitors in the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

Note: if your job does need a labour market opinion, you can apply as you enter Canada as long as the positive opinion has been issued to you before you enter (except for live-in caregivers and seasonal agricultural workers).

As for your husband depending on your job he may be able to apply for SOWP
Typically, your spouse’s eligibility for an open work permit depends on the skill level of your job. If the job you are doing is listed as NOC 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification, your spouse or common-law partner will be eligible for an open work permit. You must also be authorized to work in Canada for a period of at least six months.

Children would be either issued Visitor Records on entering or added to your TWP.
No need to apply through Berlin.
Each TWP is is $150 so you would need $300 if getting 2 x work permits.
Major credit cards accepted.
Use this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for help, that clears up the children , as we hope to move in the summer so will have some time to sort out which schools etc.

I need a medical , and police check as I will be working in a hospital. so sadly I cannot apply for TWP at POE.

Looks like I may just send stuff off for us to Berlin . fingers crossed it all comes through quickly , this waiting for LMO is killing me , and all my friends and family with the constant .." have you heard anyrhing yet??" aarrgghhhh
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:30 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

IF this is a nursing job I believe you will need a medical examination so apply through Berlin as you planned.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
As for your husband depending on your job he may be able to apply for SOWP
Typically, your spouse’s eligibility for an open work permit depends on the skill level of your job. If the job you are doing is listed as NOC 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification, your spouse or common-law partner will be eligible for an open work permit. You must also be authorized to work in Canada for a period of at least six months.

Children would be either issued Visitor Records on entering or added to your TWP.
No need to apply through Berlin.
Each TWP is is $150 so you would need $300 if getting 2 x work permits.
Major credit cards accepted.
Use this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp
Also note that if your husband won't be working, he can also enter on Visitor Records (and so you save $150).
Old Apr 4th 2012, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

He wont be working straight away but possibly once we are settled, can he then apply for a TWP from inside Canada??

Saving money always gets my attention!!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I would pay his $150 Cad upfront then that way he could work straight away or if offered a job later then start straight away as opposed to filling out an application or travelling to a CIC office to have it issued or submitting an application to CPC Vegreville or having to drive to a border crossing to have it issued.
Airports will normally not issue TWPs if you are already in Canada as you are not seeking entry into Canada.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Personally I would pay his $150 Cad upfront then that way he could work straight away or if offered a job later then start straight away as opposed to filling out an application or travelling to a CIC office to have it issued or submitting an application to CPC Vegreville or having to drive to a border crossing to have it issued.
Airports will normally not issue TWPs if you are already in Canada as you are not seeking entry into Canada.
Depends how far away from the border you are I suppose.

For us, the nearest one is 45 mins away, so if the wife gets a job it's a quick trip down to Ogdensburg and back (and we can combine it with our monthly grocery trip )

If I was heading more than an hours drive away from the border I probably would get it on landing.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Well, we would be near Toronto, border is not that far ? and to be honest with hubbie and I having different nationalities.. etc (see original thread) It may be just way easier and faster to process me first then he can do his "thing" later.