Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

COMMUNITY IMMIGRATION SCHEME AND THE RDA'S

COMMUNITY IMMIGRATION SCHEME AND THE RDA'S

Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

libgirl is on a distinguished road
Default COMMUNITY IMMIGRATION SCHEME AND THE RDA'S

Hi,

Can anyone who has knowledge of Community identified nomination in Nova Scotia let me know which RDA they used? I have already heard about the RDA in Colchester from JIMMYDEAN_thanks!! again. Any experiences you folks have had and would like to share would be greatly appreciated.

Basically some of the RDA's are easier to deal with than others (i am told), trying to figure which ones. I am thinking of the Halifax,lunenburg ,bridgewater, mahone bay area, any thoughts??

Feel free to tell me otherwise, havn't been for a recce yet, just spent lots of time reading about them on the net.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of
Default Re: COMMUNITY IMMIGRATION SCHEME AND THE RDA'S

We used Kentville RDA for CIS, Madonna McDonald there is fanrastic, really friendly and welcoming. She requires at least 2-3 visits to the province and good evidence that you will stay; we bought a house, opened a bank account and made friends in the area, although she didn't specifically say buying a house was a necessity.

Good luck!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 12:33 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

hi

we went through Corda, Margot is fab, let me know if you want any more info

as you say each RDA is different. We gained PR in 7 mths

Let me know if you would like any more info
Old Mar 6th 2010, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by libgirl
...I am thinking of the Halifax,lunenburg ,bridgewater, mahone bay area...
Halifax comes under the Greater Halifax Partnership. Mahone Bay, Bridgwater & Lunenburg are all handled by Lunenburg-Queens RDA.

The RDA you choose is determined by where you intend to live. You have to prove connections to that area to persuade the RDA to support your application. The issue of 'shopping around' for RDA's that are less strict in how they interpret the guidelines has been discussed before, such as HERE and there are some folk that consider such 'shopping around' to be a potential spoiler for the future for others.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AdrianR
Halifax comes under the Greater Halifax Partnership. Mahone Bay, Bridgwater & Lunenburg are all handled by Lunenburg-Queens RDA.

The RDA you choose is determined by where you intend to live. You have to prove connections to that area to persuade the RDA to support your application. The issue of 'shopping around' for RDA's that are less strict in how they interpret the guidelines has been discussed before, such as HERE and there are some folk that consider such 'shopping around' to be a potential spoiler for the future for others.
Thanks for that, hope i didnt rub anyone up the wrong way, i have had some great advice from the forum and regardless of anything we kinda have our hearts set on the areas mentioned, although it's so hard to say until we do a recce. my decision will be based on the best fit for us and not how easy an RDA is. I may have given the wrong impression. The problem is, doing several visits is not an option for me and therefore i need any help and advice i can get,(like everyone else i suppose)
Old Mar 6th 2010, 11:17 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

The big factor on location/RDA is also going to be what you do when you move here, will you be seeking work or setting up a business? This will impact hugely I would say on the options of where you are looking to live and apply under the CIS.

As a number of the ticks are not met for people like us in so far as the community ties etc, a big thing that the RDA's look at is how else you are going to contribute to their region from an economic perspective.

A tip I would say is to keep an open mind to area's, whilst some may be nice they may not be practical as far as dmonstrating by moving there you are going to be able to contribute something, but as I say it all depends on what you are looking to do.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
The big factor on location/RDA is also going to be what you do when you move here, will you be seeking work or setting up a business? This will impact hugely I would say on the options of where you are looking to live and apply under the CIS.

As a number of the ticks are not met for people like us in so far as the community ties etc, a big thing that the RDA's look at is how else you are going to contribute to their region from an economic perspective.

A tip I would say is to keep an open mind to area's, whilst some may be nice they may not be practical as far as dmonstrating by moving there you are going to be able to contribute something, but as I say it all depends on what you are looking to do.
well, hubby is a trademan (electrician) so we were hoping to have a job offer
he plans to meet with a few employers when we do a recce and probably keep as close to halifax as poss.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 5:15 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

well, hubby is a trademan (electrician) so we were hoping to have a job offer
he plans to meet with a few employers when we do a recce and probably keep as close to halifax as poss.
If you actually have a job offer you will not be able to apply under the CIS, you will be asked to apply under the NS PNP Skilled worker stream instead.
For the CI stream you will need to demonstrate employablity with feedback etc from potential employers but not a formal job offer that you have accepted.

Halifax RDA is very hard to get in with, they apply the criteria the most strictly.

Job opportunities for the biggest part are likely to be based around the Halifax area, the other areas you have mentioned are approx an hours drive,

Hope this helps!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Flogger
If you actually have a job offer you will not be able to apply under the CIS, you will be asked to apply under the NS PNP Skilled worker stream instead.
For the CI stream you will need to demonstrate employablity with feedback etc from potential employers but not a formal job offer that you have accepted.

Halifax RDA is very hard to get in with, they apply the criteria the most strictly.

Job opportunities for the biggest part are likely to be based around the Halifax area, the other areas you have mentioned are approx an hours drive,

Hope this helps!
Does the RDA take anything to do with your application if your doing PNP or is it only CI, i know what you mean about the jobs, any of the employers we have been looking at are in and around halifax,
Old Mar 7th 2010, 11:52 am
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Does the RDA take anything to do with your application if your doing PNP or is it only CI, i know what you mean about the jobs, any of the employers we have been looking at are in and around halifax,
The RDA's are only really involved if you are considering the CI stream, you dont need their support as such, to submit a skilled worker PNP application.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 2:23 pm
In the boonies

drivemel2 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that, hope i didnt rub anyone up the wrong way, i have had some great advice from the forum and regardless of anything we kinda have our hearts set on the areas mentioned, although it's so hard to say until we do a recce. my decision will be based on the best fit for us and not how easy an RDA is. I may have given the wrong impression. The problem is, doing several visits is not an option for me and therefore i need any help and advice i can get,(like everyone else i suppose)
Just to let you know friends of ours got their nomination on only one visit to the Lunenburg Co. RDA. Corey Pickens is his name I think