common law sponsorship medical?

Old Jul 13th 2016, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default common law sponsorship medical?

Hi all,

Currently based in Northern Ireland sponsoring my common law partner for PR. There are no medical examiners on the Canadian panel in Northern Ireland so our closest is obviously Dublin. Phoned yesterday to arrange an appointment but was told I needed a HAP number/ID, this is the first id heard of anything like this but any research I do it seems to be just for Austrailian applications? Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

Also, would I be safer travelling to Scotland or England for the medical as it's still in the UK? Obviously Dublin is not. My common law partner holds a UK and Irish passport but for the purposes of this application we are applying with the UK one.

Thanks
Old Jul 13th 2016, 12:38 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: common law sponsorship medical?

It sounds like the people in Dublin didn't knwo what they were talking about. You certainly don't need a number for Canadian medicals. You show up and the doctor files the results directly with CIC. I'd try calling them back and hopefully speaking to someone else, but if they are giving you the same runaround and it's not any more or less complicated to do the medical in Scotland/England, then that might just be more straight forward and less of a headache. (We did ours at the DMP in London close to Knightsbridge tube station, they were efficient and certainly knew what they were doing!)
Old Jul 13th 2016, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

We did ours at the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead.

They were extremely well informed about up-front Canadian medicals and absolutely knew what they were doing. The immigration medical desk closes their phones there at 16:00, but call before then and ask for immigration medicals and they will be fine. You can book such a medical with as little as 1 / 2 weeks notice.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 12:48 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My partner just did his on Monday here in Australia. When I phoned to make his appointment I just gave his passport number, date of birth and name and the medical centre booked him in. They also created a UCI number for us and told me that this would be our number throughout the application process.

Like Schnooky says, maybe try calling and speaking to someone else.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

Ah right ok, that's strange ill certainly get back on to them and speak to someone else. This may seem like a trivial question but is there any paperwork I need to bring? I see on the document checklist I need IMM 1017 form signed by the medical professional. Do I bring it to the medical or is that provided? Are the results valid for one year also?
Old Jul 13th 2016, 1:31 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Results valid for a year. After a year if you still don't have PR CIC will either extend the validity or ask you for a new medical.

When you make the appt the office should tell you what you need to bring. For ours we had to bring photos and my husband's passport, but that was back in 2011 so it may have changed with the e-medical.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
When you make the appt the office should tell you what you need to bring. For ours we had to bring photos and my husband's passport, but that was back in 2011 so it may have changed with the e-medical.

Yes, Bridge Clinic were very clear what we should bring and had their own form they wanted completing in advance. Needed my wife's passport (she is the Applicant). They did the electronic medical and took a digital photo of my wife to upload to their system, which I assume went to Canada with the medical (so didn't ask us to bring a photo).

They printed off a CIC 'receipt' for the medical when they submitted it electronically and told us to send that off with the pack. They were at great pains to say TAKE A COPY of the receipt ASAP as they could not generate a replacement if we lost it!
Old Jul 13th 2016, 1:38 pm
Account Closed

Super, this is all great to know. My final question (hopefully) is, some of my forms when typed allow me to validate them, does this matter that some aren't? Also, can I sign and date the form by hand? Thanks
Old Jul 13th 2016, 1:55 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by pjm3586
Super, this is all great to know. My final question (hopefully) is, some of my forms when typed allow me to validate them, does this matter that some aren't? Also, can I sign and date the form by hand? Thanks
Fine on both accounts.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 1:57 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjm3586
I validated all of the forms before printing them, but I don't think it matters if you don't. I think the validation is only to ensure you've filled in everything.

Yes, you can sign and date them by hand. How else would you add your signature if not by hand? (Trust me, I know the stress of form filling, having done it to move to Australia and now to sponsor my partner to Canada, so I'm not having a go at you)
Old Jul 13th 2016, 1:59 pm
Concierge

I should clarify. Not all the forms have validation options. The ones that require validation SHOULD be validated. The ones that don't, well, you can't!
Old Jul 13th 2016, 5:32 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I validated all of the forms before printing them, but I don't think it matters if you don't. I think the validation is only to ensure you've filled in everything.

Yes, you can sign and date them by hand. How else would you add your signature if not by hand? (Trust me, I know the stress of form filling, having done it to move to Australia and now to sponsor my partner to Canada, so I'm not having a go at you)
There's a few nifty programs out there that you can generate your signature from any scanned or uploaded document and insert it into another one. I've used one a few times. (Nitro) Additionally, if you are completing a form online (on CIC) and submitting it then you would have an electronic signature (also see details on the link below).

I agree with Schnookololy, if the form has a validation button on it, it's a requirement and not an option because it generates a bar code. You can read more here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...additional.asp

Regardless - please, please make a copy of your forms and supporting documentation for your own records and as a back up!

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 13th 2016 at 5:37 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

habsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond reputehabsfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
When I had mine done in May all I needed was my passport, they took my picture on the day and put it on the system. Though I'm not sure if things have changed or they are clinic specific

I had mine done at Spire Hartswood near Brentwood.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 6:00 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by habsfan
Though I'm not sure if things have changed or they are clinic specific
Combination if I had to guess!
Old Jul 17th 2016, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by habsfan
When I had mine done in May all I needed was my passport, they took my picture on the day and put it on the system. Though I'm not sure if things have changed or they are clinic specific

I had mine done at Spire Hartswood near Brentwood.
I went to Brentwood and was very impressed with the service. My medical was on the 2nd of July of this month.

However, I didn't take IMM 1017 and I am now very concerned. I have proof the medical was done etc and the physician (I am presuming) sent off the medical to Canada.

Do I need a signed copy of IMM 1017?! Please help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.