Common law sponsorship

Old Jan 18th 2014, 7:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Common law sponsorship

Originally Posted by Princesstigger
Thank you so much for all your helpful advice.

I have medical insurance that I've had since July and he's named as the beneficiary on that. Unfortunately he doesn't get medical cover from work, so there isn't anything for me to be named on.

I'll be more focussed on getting as much official evidence as we can, to prove that we are living as a 'married' couple minus the certificate.

I'll look into getting a will done too, good idea anyway.

Thanks
Is that all you've got in terms of official paperwork? You'll need much more than that!

That doesn't prove you're living as husband and wife, how about things like your name on utility bills, joint insurances, etc? Get them ASAP if you don't have them already. The joint bank account is great, but if all you have prior to that is him being a beneficiary on your medical cover then you may need to wait longer to apply, until the proof covers a full year.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 2:59 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply.

I am on the utility bills too already, we had that done. I also have all the receipts and tickets from all the trips back and forth to see each other from England, and from holidays we have taken together. I guess if we have to delay until a year passes when everything has been in place I'll just have to suck it up and wait.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 4:17 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Would you mind posting a list of everything you have so far? That will help.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 4:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply.

I am on the utility bills too already, we had that done. I also have all the receipts and tickets from all the trips back and forth to see each other from England, and from holidays we have taken together. I guess if we have to delay until a year passes when everything has been in place I'll just have to suck it up and wait.
Utility bills are great, and is your name on the rental agreement or mortgage?

Receipts and tickets from trips to visit each other prove exactly the opposite of what you're trying to show - they prove you lived apart, not together! So forget those.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 4:35 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Utility bills are great, and is your name on the rental agreement or mortgage?

Receipts and tickets from trips to visit each other prove exactly the opposite of what you're trying to show - they prove you lived apart, not together! So forget those.
Oh. I thought they would also want to see all the evidence that we can provide that the relationship is genuine. Those would prove that we have history prior to living together as common law? Ok, thanks
Old Jan 18th 2014, 5:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Oh. I thought they would also want to see all the evidence that we can provide that the relationship is genuine. Those would prove that we have history prior to living together as common law? Ok, thanks
They just want proof that you've lived as husband and wife for at least one year continuously, anything prior to that when you were dating is irrelevant tbh.

Good luck.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 11:53 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
They just want proof that you've lived as husband and wife for at least one year continuously, anything prior to that when you were dating is irrelevant tbh.

Good luck.
The OP could use that information with regards to showing how the relationship developed and demonstrating that it was ongoing and genuine.