Common Law Partner question

Old May 14th 2003, 6:02 am
Posts: n/a
Default Common Law Partner question

Hi all,

I am about to apply as a skilled worker jointly with my girlfriend. We have
the required points (77) and also the supporting documents. However, I have
a question about how to prove our common law relationship. We have been
living in my parents' house for almost 2 years because we thought that it
would be wiser to save any rent/mortgage money in the event that we need
those funds for our move to Canada. We also have a 1 year old son and we
want to be sure that we have enough money to support the family during our
settling in period.

However, we are a bit worried about providing proof of us living together
given that we have no bills or joint accounts in our names. What would you
advise, apart from marriage? Would a letter written by my parents
confirming our living arrangements be sufficent in our case?


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.