Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Client ID number - how do I get it?

Client ID number - how do I get it?

Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:26 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Client ID number - how do I get it?

We have a lawyer doing our PR for us. Our banker's draft was cashed 4 weeks ago this week but still no 120day email. I have been on to the Lawyer who says he faxed them last Monday, to see what is going on. He seems reluctant to give me the client ID number when I asked him for it. I tried to call CIO NS my self on Friday but I am stumped without it. If I get it from him can I check on line? He says its a waste of time calling and it wont do any good.

My concern is that, if they have sent him the 120 email and it has gone astray we have already lost 30 days of our 120.

Its so frustrating - dont know what to do - help
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Default Re: Client ID number - how do I get it?

With the client id you will be able to login to ecas and check the status of your application as long as they have entered your details onto the system.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by MR79
With the client id you will be able to login to ecas and check the status of your application as long as they have entered your details onto the system.
Thanks for your reply. I have emailed the Lawyer again and asked him to send it to me by return
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:57 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
We have a lawyer doing our PR for us. Our banker's draft was cashed 4 weeks ago this week but still no 120day email. I have been on to the Lawyer who says he faxed them last Monday, to see what is going on. He seems reluctant to give me the client ID number when I asked him for it. I tried to call CIO NS my self on Friday but I am stumped without it. If I get it from him can I check on line? He says its a waste of time calling and it wont do any good.

My concern is that, if they have sent him the 120 email and it has gone astray we have already lost 30 days of our 120.

Its so frustrating - dont know what to do - help
If he hasn't had the 120 letter from CIO Sydney then he won't actually have a client id number for you yet.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
If he hasn't had the 120 letter from CIO Sydney then he won't actually have a client id number for you yet.
Thanks Amy. Does that mean there is no way to track whats happening at Sydney then. I did try calling them but the automated system also asks the the client ID. I seem to be going round in cirlcles here.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:53 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Amy. Does that mean there is no way to track whats happening at Sydney then. I did try calling them but the automated system also asks the the client ID. I seem to be going round in cirlcles here.
You said your lawyer had sent them a fax - did he get a response? Other than sending a non-specific e-mail to London to see if they have received the paperwork from CIO Sydney I can't really see anything else you can do.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 5:20 pm

You said your lawyer had sent them a fax - did he get a response? Other than sending a non-specific e-mail to London to see if they have received the paperwork from CIO Sydney I can't really see anything else you can do.
No he hasnt had a response yet. I have emailed him again this morning, he has said he will fax them again in the morning, he is not in his office untill then.

How do I send a non - specific email to London? or should it come from him. I so wish we had done this ourself's, I hate not being in control.

Thanks for your reply's. I do appreciate it.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 5:27 pm

No he hasnt had a response yet. I have emailed him again this morning, he has said he will fax them again in the morning, he is not in his office untill then.

How do I send a non - specific email to London? or should it come from him. I so wish we had done this ourself's, I hate not being in control.

Thanks for your reply's. I do appreciate it.
I would be interested in knowing their fax number as I have never been able to find it and can do with it 10 times a day! If you find out - can you let me know.

Click here - https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/case-cas-eng.aspx - to send an e-mail. It doesn't really matter who it comes from. He is probably the main contact but that doesn't stop you from contacting them as well.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:03 pm

I would be interested in knowing their fax number as I have never been able to find it and can do with it 10 times a day! If you find out - can you let me know.

Click here - https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/case-cas-eng.aspx - to send an e-mail. It doesn't really matter who it comes from. He is probably the main contact but that doesn't stop you from contacting them as well.
Thanks Amy - If I get the fax number, you will be the first to get it
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:13 pm

Amy I think I am having a blonde day. I have folllowed the link, but it still asks me for ID numbers - have I gone to the wrong pages?
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:17 pm

Amy I think I am having a blonde day. I have folllowed the link, but it still asks me for ID numbers - have I gone to the wrong pages?
It is asking for them but it is not necessary to provide them. It just means it is a non-case specific e-mail, as you do not currently have a case number to send to them.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:24 pm

It is asking for them but it is not necessary to provide them. It just means it is a non-case specific e-mail, as you do not currently have a case number to send to them.
OK I will give it ago - thanks.