Which class?

Old Jul 6th 2008, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Dean37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which class?

I am a little confused as to which class to apply for i am a self employed window cleaner (13 yrs) and was going to apply for immigration under self employed persons however when reading the notes it says

Relevant experience in respect of

a self-employed person, means a minimum of two years of experience, during the period beginning five years before the date of application for a permanent resident visa and ending on the day a decision is made on the application. The experience must consist of:
in respect of cultural activities,
two one-year periods of experience in self-employment in cultural activities, or
two one-year periods of experience in participation at a world class level in cultural activities, or
a combination of a one-year period of experience described in (A), above, and a one-year period of experience described in (B), above,
in respect of athletics,
two one-year periods of experience in self-employment in athletics, or
two one-year periods of experience in participation at a world class level in athletics, or
a combination of a one-year period of experience described in (A), above, and a one-year period of experience described in (B), above, and
in respect of the purchase and management of a farm, two one-year periods of experience in the management of a farm.

I am none of these but wish to start an exterior cleaning business in canada so which class do i need to apply under
maybe i am reading it wrong
HELP please
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:44 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which class?

Sorry, but you can't apply under self-employed category - as you already found it is intended exclusively for self-employed in cultural and athletic fields and farmers.

Window cleaner is not a skilled occupation and if all you were doing for past 13 years was window cleaning then you don't qualify to apply as skilled worker.

I strongly suggest seeking free professional evaluation before you get confused more and your hopes go any higher.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Not skilled? but it says it is on the noc list 6662
Also i know of many window cleaners going to canada and starting up one from Glasgow going to Quebec and turning over millions not that i am saying thats whats going to happen to me just an example
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:43 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

To claim being a skilled worker you must have required minimum work experience in past 10 years in skilled occupation - only occupations under skills level 0, A and B in NOC matrix are skilled occupations:

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/docs...er_English.pdf

NOC 6662 is in skills level D.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Thanks Andrew for clearing that up not what i was wanting to hear very disapointing
One door opens another slams shut!!