Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship - Test date & oath date

Wikiposts

Citizenship - Test date & oath date

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

peterevanscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship - Test date & oath date

Is there anyone around who has taken the citizenship test in Scarborough, ON recently, and then taken the oath? If so, it would be great if you could say how much time elapsed between the test date and the oath date.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship - Test date & oath date

Originally Posted by peterevanscott
Is there anyone around who has taken the citizenship test in Scarborough, ON recently, and then taken the oath? If so, it would be great if you could say how much time elapsed between the test date and the oath date.
Hi there

I'd like to know that too. I did my test in Scarborough on May 2nd they said at the time it would be between 2 and 4 months before we would be called back to take the oath.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Hi there

I'd like to know that too. I did my test in Scarborough on May 2nd they said at the time it would be between 2 and 4 months before we would be called back to take the oath.
Hmm. I was worried it might be too short, and now I'm worried it'll be too long!

Did they at least tell you if you had passed or not, or did you just write the test and leave?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. I was worried it might be too short, and now I'm worried it'll be too long!

Did they at least tell you if you had passed or not, or did you just write the test and leave?
You just write the test and leave but it's so easy I'd be shocked if I failed.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

I'm sure it was fine! Was it all multiple choice, or were there any answers you had to write in?

Sorry - I haven't yet met a recent test-writer, and there are so many questions!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm sure it was fine! Was it all multiple choice, or were there any answers you had to write in?

Sorry - I haven't yet met a recent test-writer, and there are so many questions!
Just glad if I can help a little.

It's multiple choice, you get 30 minutes to do the test but it only took me about 10 minutes. I think there are 20 questions and you need 12 right to pass. There are also a couple of questions you must get right or it's an automatic fail. Before you do the test they will check your documents including your original landing document, PR card and expired passports. Also keep a good mental note of the times you have left Canada. Good luck.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:34 am
Corn Nibbler

cornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud of

There was a thread on this not long back.

It seems to vary from one office to another; Hamilton scored my test there and then.

...although the OP is actually in Scarborough, so will probably have the same thing as Elaine.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Just glad if I can help a little.

It's multiple choice, you get 30 minutes to do the test but it only took me about 10 minutes. I think there are 20 questions and you need 12 right to pass. There are also a couple of questions you must get right or it's an automatic fail. Before you do the test they will check your documents including your original landing document, PR card and expired passports. Also keep a good mental note of the times you have left Canada. Good luck.
Thanks!