Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship Test -Date change request

Citizenship Test -Date change request

Old Oct 24th 2016, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

DURHAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship Test -Date change request

Hello , I received my Citizenship Test Appointment last week but cannot attend on that date which is less than 2 weeks away .

If i cancel how long would i have to wait for the next appointment and would cancelling my first appointment count against me in anyway.

Anyone who was in a similar situation ,plz advice .

Last edited by DURHAM; Oct 24th 2016 at 10:16 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2016, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Test -Date change request

We thought we were going to have to cancel our appointments last year - and I investigated the consequences with CIC in Scarborough at the time - I'm assuming with your name you may be in the same neck of the woods as us? It is extremely difficult to speak to anyone there, apart from the uniformed officer at the desk who was helpful. He said if we couldn't attend, we needed to write a letter in to them to state that - I didn't get the impression it counts against you, but you take your chance as to when you will be offered an alternative - and there's little chance they will give you any more notice - we had less than 2 weeks notice for both test and ceremony.
In the event, we were able to change other arrangements and attend as planned.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

DURHAM is an unknown quantity at this point

Twitcher1958, thanks for your very helpful reply . My test is at the Surrey,BC centre . I went there today but was not allowed inside . There was a security guard there who was very helpful .
He said they only allow people in who are doing their test or the Citizenship ceremony. He also advised about writing a letter of explanation for missing the test and that i could wait for months for another date.
Having read your post and spoke to the guard i,m not going to take the risk of waiting months and will put aside my other commitments to attend the test .
Old Oct 27th 2016, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

I recall when I received the papers and did my test, but that was many years ago. My experience is that the date for the test can only be changed with difficulty, and much patience would have been required whilst calling some phone number and waiting endlessly on the phone.

One is better advised to put all other things aside and make that date for the test a priority. One should also be advised that one is dealing with bureaucrats and a system and a process. Any changes only complicate that system and that process. Only if one follows exactly the requirements one passes that system and process with ease.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DURHAM
Having read your post and spoke to the guard i,m not going to take the risk of waiting months and will put aside my other commitments to attend the test .
I agree you should priortise your test.

S