Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship - Language Proof / completion of secondary or post-secondary education

Citizenship - Language Proof / completion of secondary or post-secondary education

Old Apr 29th 2014, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice
Default Citizenship - Language Proof / completion of secondary or post-secondary education

Hi all - I know this has been covered in other threads as I've spent the last couple of hours reading them, however....

With regard to the 'Citizenship' supporting documents to prove secondary / post secondary education in English or French', I'd be interested to hear what has been accepted and what has been refused lately?

I know what the 'CIT 0002' guide says:

2.Proof of completion of secondary or post-secondary education in French or English includes:
•A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in Canada or abroad. or
•A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation, in Canada or abroad.

Note:You must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement. The diploma, certificate or transcript should be in English or French. The document must clearly show that the program was completed with English or French as the language of instruction. If the original document is not in English or French then you must also include a letter in English or French from the institution indicating that the language of instruction was in English or French along with a translation of the original document.

From what I've read it would appear the case officers interpret this in different ways and have rejected perfectly adequate evidence.

I'll be submitting O Level / CSE result slips and an official Certificate of Secondary Education from OCR.

For the wife I'll be submitting O Level / CSE result slips as well as NVQ accounting certificate / transcripts.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship - Language Proof / completion of secondary or post-secondary educatio

Originally Posted by stokesey
Hi all - I know this has been covered in other threads as I've spent the last couple of hours reading them, however....

With regard to the 'Citizenship' supporting documents to prove secondary / post secondary education in English or French', I'd be interested to hear what has been accepted and what has been refused lately?

I know what the 'CIT 0002' guide says:

2.Proof of completion of secondary or post-secondary education in French or English includes:
•A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in Canada or abroad. or
•A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation, in Canada or abroad.

Note:You must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement. The diploma, certificate or transcript should be in English or French. The document must clearly show that the program was completed with English or French as the language of instruction. If the original document is not in English or French then you must also include a letter in English or French from the institution indicating that the language of instruction was in English or French along with a translation of the original document.

From what I've read it would appear the case officers interpret this in different ways and have rejected perfectly adequate evidence.

I'll be submitting O Level / CSE result slips and an official Certificate of Secondary Education from OCR.

For the wife I'll be submitting O Level / CSE result slips as well as NVQ accounting certificate / transcripts.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart.
I'm pretty sure on a education equivalency certificate I have it states the language of the course. This could be what they are looking for.

Contact ICAS http://www.icascanada.ca/default.aspx they may be able to help.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice
Default Re: Citizenship - Language Proof / completion of secondary or post-secondary educatio

Originally Posted by exenglishman
I'm pretty sure on a education equivalency certificate I have it states the language of the course. This could be what they are looking for.

Contact ICAS http://www.icascanada.ca/default.aspx they may be able to help.
I certainly don't think sending an ICAS report can hurt, that said I don't want to pay for these if what I already have will suffice.

I honestly can't see how they could say we don't meet the language requirements with the evidence we're sending, the certificates clearly state subjects such as English Language, Literature & Oral amongst others. I'll also put in a covering letter to explain in more detail.

I was more interested in people's recent experiences with what was 'actually' accepted by CIC and what was rejected as insufficient proof.

Thanks & regards.