Citizenship application questions

Old Jun 10th 2016, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

tiptreejam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship application questions

I qualify to apply for citizenship July 1. I am starting to get everything ready and have a few questions.

1. I can vaguely remember that people said you have to attach copies of your children's education history to the application but I can't see that anywhere on the application or the document checklist for adult or minor. I see the question where you have to fill it in on the adult application but they do not ask for copies of it. My children are all under the age of 14.

2. On the children's application Q10 language evidence. As they are under 14 do I just draw a big N/A over it?

3. For the kids 2 pieces of personal identification. One is their passport. On the gather documents guide they mention health insurance card. Does the Alberta Health Card count?

4. They say when you apply as a family you can put all the applications in one envelope. How did you guys put a family application together? Do you put 4 individual applications in envelope with all supporting documents stapled together to your application or do you put individual applications in a plastic sleeve each. Must each kid application have an adult application attached to it?

5. Due to a couple of business trips my husband can only apply at the end of July. When he sends in his application. Does he send in only 1 adult application or must he attach any other documents about the rest of the family?

I apologise if these questions maybe sound very obvious but I would like to double check with you guys who have done it already. Want to avoid getting the application send back to me. This is why I am starting to get everything ready now so that I have enough time to go over it plenty of times to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Thank you in advance for your help
Old Jun 10th 2016, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship application questions

If your husband meets the eligibility requirements at the end of July then, I suggest you all apply as a family at that point rather than before (all applications together).

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Jun 10th 2016 at 5:00 pm.