CIC-Sydney update

Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough
Default CIC-Sydney update

This is for those who have received AOR and case number. Everytime CIC Sydney received a letter, it will be keyed into CIC system after 2-3 working days by your case officer. however, it will take another 3-weeks (used to be 2) before the case officer really LOOK into your doc. and decided what is the next step.

Update for my application. CIC Sydney just sent out Security Check request on 30 May! I am wondering why such a delay? CIC Sydney inform me that the security check "normally" will take a month to complete.

ddk
Old Jun 6th 2006, 2:37 am
Just Joined

harmi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CIC-Sydney update

didik - thanks for the info! Well - if your security check is the last thing to be done - you are nearly there! Can you pls let us know how things went with your medical? I heard somewhere that the results of the medicals are sent to Singapore

Hang in there!

Harmi
Old Jun 6th 2006, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Medical for CIC Sydney should be sent to Singapore. Your DMP should know this, and the DMP will sent the medical result for you.
Originally Posted by harmi
didik - thanks for the info! Well - if your security check is the last thing to be done - you are nearly there! Can you pls let us know how things went with your medical? I heard somewhere that the results of the medicals are sent to Singapore

Hang in there!

Harmi
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:12 am
Just Joined

harmi is an unknown quantity at this point

Didik - thanks. When I called the doctor here in Canberra to get an idea of cost involved for a family of 5 (a lot of money by the way) they told me the paperwork goes to Singapore. I thought that was strange - so I was interested to find out what you knew about it. Resolved now - thanks!!

Harmi
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Timmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the update Didk.

What did you guys pay (or quoted) for medical fees? I'm in NZ at the moment and it's around $300.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Woah! Big (bad) update for Sydney applicants:

I just got off the phone with Sydney (the lady was really helpful) and they are just looking at Skilled Worker applications submitted/received October 2004 (yes, 2004). How does that fit in with everyone's timeline? Seems to work with Didik's. Could someone else please ring them to make sure it is 2004??? I got her to repeat it but gotta be sure!

If it is 2004, I'm DEFINITELY applying Common-Law now!! Just waiting on my OZ Police Clearance and Medicals.........
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Timmo, unfortunately, the timeline is pissable We just don't know how much the 2002 cases have been thrown back in at cic sydney. Please somebody ring the CIC and check!!

For medical cost, family of three, i paid around A$450 for the DMP service. On the top of that i paid blood test, and Xray (another A$300 i guess).

didik
Originally Posted by Timmo
Woah! Big (bad) update for Sydney applicants:

I just got off the phone with Sydney (the lady was really helpful) and they are just looking at Skilled Worker applications submitted/received October 2004 (yes, 2004). How does that fit in with everyone's timeline? Seems to work with Didik's. Could someone else please ring them to make sure it is 2004??? I got her to repeat it but gotta be sure!

If it is 2004, I'm DEFINITELY applying Common-Law now!! Just waiting on my OZ Police Clearance and Medicals.........
Old Jun 7th 2006, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by didik

For medical cost, family of three, i paid around A$450 for the DMP service. On the top of that i paid blood test, and Xray (another A$300 i guess).

didik
Didik, is the blood test and x-ray a compulsory part of the exam, or only if something strange came up in other tests?
Old Jun 7th 2006, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Timmo, compulsory. The blood is for HIV while the X-ray is for TB.
didik
Originally Posted by Timmo
Didik, is the blood test and x-ray a compulsory part of the exam, or only if something strange came up in other tests?
Old Jun 7th 2006, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Budgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really nice

Timmo - Oct 2004 sounds about right to me - I applied early November 2004 and have not heard anything as yet.

Remember Didik applied August 04 and got word February 06 that suggests at best they would be at November 04 applicants now that an additional 3 months has gone past.

Sounds like they are running a little behind this schedule if they are up to October 2004 applicants.

As I have posted elsewhere - I am hoping to perhaps hear something in July and I applied November 2004.

Be assured that as soon as I do hear anything I will be posting it here!
Old Jun 7th 2006, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Wannago is an unknown quantity at this point

As a Oct 04 applicant I am excited as Big Kev (may he rest in peace) would have said. Holding my breath...

Wannago
Old Jun 7th 2006, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wannago
As a Oct 04 applicant I am excited as Big Kev (may he rest in peace) would have said. Holding my breath...

Wannago
Good luck Wannago! Keep us posted.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 3:35 am
Just Joined

Wannago is an unknown quantity at this point

I rang the Sydney office too, and first checked that calling them will not put me at the end of the queue! The young lady at the other end assured me that is not the case [but then I have never called them in the last 18 months and if we all bother them frequently they might soon change] and then said I should expect to hear from them in a couple of weeks as my file was being looked at by the visa officer. She could not tell me whether there would be an interview or a waiver as she was not the concerned officer. Also, as we have applied though a Canadian consultant they will communicate with them. I thanked her and feel much more relaxed now knowing that things (good - I hope) are happening and there is some movement with the file.

As soon as I hear further I will post it here. I must say I found the support from our little community very helpful. Thanks all. From to and soon

Wannago
Old Jun 9th 2006, 3:50 am
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

Lol I like your little emoticons at the end!

So if they have thrown the 2002 cases back in, is there a greater quota this year to include those cases, or do they eat up the quota that was there before they were thrown in?

I'm not really expecting anyone to know the answer to this, just wondering...
Old Jun 11th 2006, 2:04 pm
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

So, they are up to Oct 2004!! Being a Jan 2005 applicant it looks like I have antoher 4 to 5 months to wait before hearing anything...

H143, I am certain that the quota will be just the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.