CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:57 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by No1_mom
He also has went for various military skilled jobs, including working with General Dynamics and it appears they need workers to be citizens as well. Although he is applying for loads all over the country his strongest skills are military or security based thus needing citizenship.
I wondered whether you might be talking about GDLS. I have been inside that plant as a supplier & had access to most (but not all) of the production line. Depending upon what it is he wants to do there, I would have thought that not being a citizen was neccessarily a problem. I worked for a Controlled Goods Directorate registered business & had no problem with security clearance. YMMV of course.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

87cabby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tolga
where are you located?
I'm in Toronto.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
We got our booklet September 2009 - they didn't start processing the application until April 2010 - we sat our test November 3rd 2010 and still are waiting for the ceremony. Our centre is Hamilton - don't know if it is expecially slow or whether we are just unlucky.
Hubby saw the judge today - apparently the hold up was due to him being out of the country a fair amount on business. Ironic thing is that he has been away working on contracts for the Canadian Government! Anyway the Judge was very nice and we are now approved - yay. Waiting for the ceremony now and then we will be Canadians - last step in a very long haul.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Topic is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone help me with timeline to when I qualify to apply for citizenship?
Came to Canada in August 2009 on wife's study visa, me with Open work permit.
Granted permanent resident visa in March 2010.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Tolga is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Topic
http://services3.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/r...ew.do?&lang=en
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

So I updated my address a couple of months ago on the cic website. I just went in to check my status and the address in the system is not my address, it's a random address in Surrey. I have changed it, though it is still showing the wrong address - has anyone else had this problem?

FYI, my file was transferred to Vancouver on 11JAN2011 so hopefully my invitation for the test will come soon - and to the right address

Allie
Old Feb 8th 2011, 12:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Today, we received our notice to appear and write the test. The date for the test is February 21 (Family Day in Alberta). We applied just over a year ago.

They also indicated that the citizenship ceremony will take place later the same day.

Almost there, may have to look at a new nom de plume
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by allie2
So I updated my address a couple of months ago on the cic website. I just went in to check my status and the address in the system is not my address, it's a random address in Surrey. I have changed it, though it is still showing the wrong address - has anyone else had this problem?

FYI, my file was transferred to Vancouver on 11JAN2011 so hopefully my invitation for the test will come soon - and to the right address

Allie
So they have determined it was (their) human error and have emailed Vancouver to let them know that the address has been updated to the correct one. Now I just hope they will accept it without the IMM5494 (or whatever the number was of the document I didn't have!)
Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Update:

OH's application received Jan 8th, 2010.
Received acknowledgement in August.
Got letter inviting him to take his test Jan 22nd, 2011, sent Dec 23rd.

Mississauga apparently don't do the test and ceremony on the same day, so he has some time still. We just renewed his PR card in October, he's supposed to be notified of an appointment to pick it up any time now (his expires in May, and we are doing a lot of travelling around then).
Got 1 week's notice for the ceremony. He officially becomes a citizen on Friday, Feb 11th.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 3:06 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Today, we received our notice to appear and write the test. The date for the test is February 21 (Family Day in Alberta). We applied just over a year ago.

They also indicated that the citizenship ceremony will take place later the same day.

Almost there, may have to look at a new nom de plume
Congrats. Best of luck. Of course you still won't be Canadian, but you will have the citizenship and passport so your name will still be accurate.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby saw the judge today - apparently the hold up was due to him being out of the country a fair amount on business. Ironic thing is that he has been away working on contracts for the Canadian Government! Anyway the Judge was very nice and we are now approved - yay. Waiting for the ceremony now and then we will be Canadians - last step in a very long haul.
So - get home from work yesterday to find invitation to Citizenship Oath taking ceremony - 21st February, so very excited about that. Thing is when I looked more closely they had included an invitation for some other guy in our envelope. Being a good (almost) citizen I decided to call immigration and tell them of their error. I was on hold for 15 mins then I finally got to talk to someone and told them what had happened - oddly expecting some kind of thanks or apology. I was told that I needed to FAX it back to them, when I explained that I did not have access to a FAX machine there was an audible sigh and then I was told that I needed to send it back to them so that they can then contact the other guy and tell him about his ceremony. They then proceeded to lecture me about how sensitive they were about privacy issues as if it was somehow my fault that they had made a mistake. So now I have to go to the post office, buy a stamp and post the thing back to them. Anybody any idea why they can't just send the guy a new letter - I gave them his name and Client ID number. OK rant over - I feel better now!
Old Feb 11th 2011, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

So - get home from work yesterday to find invitation to Citizenship Oath taking ceremony - 21st February, so very excited about that. Thing is when I looked more closely they had included an invitation for some other guy in our envelope. Being a good (almost) citizen I decided to call immigration and tell them of their error. I was on hold for 15 mins then I finally got to talk to someone and told them what had happened - oddly expecting some kind of thanks or apology. I was told that I needed to FAX it back to them, when I explained that I did not have access to a FAX machine there was an audible sigh and then I was told that I needed to send it back to them so that they can then contact the other guy and tell him about his ceremony. They then proceeded to lecture me about how sensitive they were about privacy issues as if it was somehow my fault that they had made a mistake. So now I have to go to the post office, buy a stamp and post the thing back to them. Anybody any idea why they can't just send the guy a new letter - I gave them his name and Client ID number. OK rant over - I feel better now!
If it makes you feel any better, the exact same thing happened with my Dad and his US citizenship ceremony (had someone else's letter in with his). He notified them, but then found it easier to just mail it directly to the other guy (whose address was on their letter).
Old Feb 12th 2011, 5:46 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Topic
But just in case you are "link-challenged":
To be eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) out of the four years (1,460 days) preceding your application. Please note that you cannot meet the residence requirements for citizenship without a minimum of two (2) years as a permanent resident.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 12:04 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Sent application November 2010, acknowledgement received February 15th 2011.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got round to mailing our applications off yesterday ( could have done it last August but hey ho!). Sitting comfortably for a long wait now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.