CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Jan 7th 2011, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Originally Posted by Madmac
All done and dusted. Oath done and anthem sung. Not a bad little ceremony.
Congrats.
Us too. They let SAW 04 and me in yesterday
In true GTA style we had 38 nationalities represented. We celebrated with Indian food. Seemed fitting

I think someone mentioned it before, but that citizenship card looks like an underage drinker knocked it up in their living room with a $20 laminator!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 1:02 am
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuppence
Congrats.
Us too. They let SAW 04 and me in yesterday
In true GTA style we had 38 nationalities represented. We celebrated with Indian food. Seemed fitting

I think someone mentioned it before, but that citizenship card looks like an underage drinker knocked it up in their living room with a $20 laminator!
Congrats to you as well.

Yeah - half the world was in that hall today.

Card does look and feel a bit naff.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Update:

OH's application received Jan 8th, 2010.
Received acknowledgement in August.
Got letter inviting him to take his test Jan 22nd, 2011, sent Dec 23rd.

Mississauga apparently don't do the test and ceremony on the same day, so he has some time still. We just renewed his PR card in October, he's supposed to be notified of an appointment to pick it up any time now (his expires in May, and we are doing a lot of travelling around then).
Old Jan 10th 2011, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Becky Gray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jollyrogers
Hi all
We sent our papers off in September 2009 and received our receipt last week, March 2010.
We`re hoping on doing our test in Lethbridge,AB.
Hope this helps.
Hello,

We submitted our citizenship applications in Sept 2010, we got a reply in Dec 2010 along with the booklet. We are hoping to do the test in Lethbridge. Have you completed the process now?

Thanks,
Rebecca
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becky Gray
Hello,

We submitted our citizenship applications in Sept 2010, we got a reply in Dec 2010 along with the booklet. We are hoping to do the test in Lethbridge. Have you completed the process now?

Thanks,
Rebecca
Applied Jan 2011. Rec'd 13 Jan 2011 by Sydney.
I'll post on when I get acknowledgement.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:27 am
Going back....

Scrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond reputeScrapcat has a reputation beyond repute

Surprised to receive our 'booklet' and acknowledgment today - only applied mid-October so weren't expecting to hear anything before about April to be honest!

Anyone any idea how fast the process is here in PEI? Bet they don't have tests and ceremonies very often with such a small population....
Old Jan 29th 2011, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

We got our booklet September 2009 - they didn't start processing the application until April 2010 - we sat our test November 3rd 2010 and still are waiting for the ceremony. Our centre is Hamilton - don't know if it is expecially slow or whether we are just unlucky.

Originally Posted by Scrapcat
Surprised to receive our 'booklet' and acknowledgment today - only applied mid-October so weren't expecting to hear anything before about April to be honest!

Anyone any idea how fast the process is here in PEI? Bet they don't have tests and ceremonies very often with such a small population....
Old Jan 29th 2011, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
We got our booklet September 2009 - they didn't start processing the application until April 2010 - we sat our test November 3rd 2010 and still are waiting for the ceremony. Our centre is Hamilton - don't know if it is expecially slow or whether we are just unlucky.
Took me around 19 months to complete from start to oath. I was under Mississauga, which is high volume - I was envious to read of other posters who did it in a fraction of the time in other provinces. Between writing the test and having the ceremony it was about 6 or 7 weeks, so yes Hamilton does seem a little slow in that regard.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

keithhorkins is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I am going to apply for citizenship very soon and after reading a lot of posts it appears that 12 to 15 months is around the time it takes...so my question is ...my UK passports expires in six months so do I need to renew it before I can get Canadian citizenship.
Thank you
Old Jan 30th 2011, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithhorkins
Hi
I am going to apply for citizenship very soon and after reading a lot of posts it appears that 12 to 15 months is around the time it takes...so my question is ...my UK passports expires in six months so do I need to renew it before I can get Canadian citizenship.
Thank you
If you want to leave the country yes!
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

87cabby is an unknown quantity at this point

Update from me:
Applied Feb 10
Acknowledgement Sep 10
Got a letter today - test is on Wednesday next week (Feb 9th). Talk about advance notice...
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 2:45 pm
don't fail to research

No1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sure I asked this before but has anyone sat the test in London or awaiting their test date - the wait is killing me!! I heard that London likes to do their citizenship ceremony on July 1st so am hoping to do the test before then, we applied last April 2010 and got acknowledged in October.

So many of the jobs hubby is applying for require citizenship. On that point, how do you highlighting in your resume you now have citizenship - has anyone had to do this. They automatically see your studies were in the UK, you have only completed crap jobs since coming here so how do they know your status.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Tolga is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 87cabby
Update from me:
Applied Feb 10
Acknowledgement Sep 10
Got a letter today - test is on Wednesday next week (Feb 9th). Talk about advance notice...
where are you located?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 3:52 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by No1_mom
So many of the jobs hubby is applying for require citizenship. On that point, how do you highlighting in your resume you now have citizenship - has anyone had to do this. They automatically see your studies were in the UK, you have only completed crap jobs since coming here so how do they know your status.
Out of curiosity what sort of job requires citizenship? Federal Govt I would understand, Armed Forces yes but what else?

As for displaying it on your resume I would simply add a line 'Nationality: Canadian' or 'British & Canadian' to make it explicit. And/Or reference in the covering letter if you believe it is pertinent to the job application.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:09 pm
don't fail to research

No1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of lightNo1_mom is a glorious beacon of light

Hubby was applying for the Canadian forces - even though it says they can accept PR it is only if you have a special skill - guess what the special skill was required - to speak Somali, and to say he has skills relevant and beneficial to the Canadian Army is an understatement. We even went as far as contacting Peter MacKay to address the issue and highlight what he could offer and got told he could apply but when he did he still got told without speaking Somali they wouldn't even consider him.

He also has went for various military skilled jobs, including working with General Dynamics and it appears they need workers to be citizens as well. Although he is applying for loads all over the country his strongest skills are military or security based thus needing citizenship.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.