CIC Citizenship timelines

Old Feb 24th 2015, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Citizenship timelines

Yesterday received letters for citizenship/verification of documents for Scarborough. Applied June 2014, test date 7 March. Also one step nearer!
Old Mar 1st 2015, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

petesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nice

Hello, got the email that my application for citizenship has started processing as of 25-Feb-2015, any one know how long this stage takes ? I'm living in Labrador , so I presume that St Johns will be the office that deals with it,
Thanks for any help/info
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

How come your citizenship application took over 4 yrs, Roxye3, and yours, wbexpat, despite re applying 3 times and the fingerprint cockups, only took about 18 mths?

We are just about to apply, been sitting on the forms for nearly 2 yrs. We have moved province last year, but no more excuses, we need to get it done before another 2 yrs slip past!
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is that CIC have demonstrated disgusting administration and communication of my application. Granted, the current government have gutted CIC like a pumpkin on Halloween but still... Disgusting. I letter will be going out to the Immigration Minister.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Location: originally from Portchester, Nr Fareham UK now Braeside, nr Arnprior, Ontario and loving it!
Martian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant futureMartian75 has a brilliant future

Hi All

I have been reading with interest all the citizenship application stories. To be honest I was hoping for some kind of timeline idea but I don't see a pattern at all. It ranges from nearly 4 years to less than a year!
Anyway we sent our application at the end of December and by more luck than knowledge, they signed for it on 31st December 2014. We didn't realize that the fees went up on the first of January 2015, so we lucked out!
Our story is not straight forward as myself and our girls have met all of the application requirements, however my husband travels as a requirement of his job therefore he has met the basic residency but not the present residency. We sent the application as a family and requested that my husbands application goes to a judge. Anyway the girls and I have received an email last Wednesday 25th February, saying that our applications are in process but nothing for hubby yet!
The reason we applied, we wanted to apply before the changes this year as we want our eldest daughter to be a citizen before she turns 18, which is in 2 years (gulp!) so that she doesn't have to deal with all this!
We feel that the worst case is hubby has to wait but at least our girls will be citizens! I honestly didn't think that they would start any of the applications as we sent as a family, but I was wrong! Good that its in process now though....time to study!
Anyone else in a similar boat?
We are near Ottawa.

Congratulations to everyone who has reached the end of this very long process!
Old Mar 7th 2015, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Just back from identity verification and test in Scarborough - were told to expect invite to ceremony in 2-4 months.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 5:58 am
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice

In Alberta
Well..we are still waiting!

Friends from BC passed citizenship exam today after only 6 month wait since sending application.. I'm so happy for them but meanwhile nothing for us yet in Alberta.
Application received June 9th 2014 and started processing August 19th 2014.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Mrs Ali is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi every one..its been 41 months to my application..i called cic today and they said that they hv approved my citizenship but they didnt decided oath ceremony date for me yet.any idea how much time they ll take now from edmonton, alberta?
Old Mar 13th 2015, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mrs Ali.

I can't talk for CiC in Alberta but I was in the same boat as you. What I can tell you is that once they approved my application it did not take long for them to schedule me for my oath ceremony. Your application is probably in cueue to be scheduled so I would say not long now. I am hoping that you get an April Ceremony. Good luck and keep us posted.

Roxy
Old Mar 13th 2015, 4:37 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxye3
All I can say is that CIC have demonstrated disgusting administration and communication of my application. Granted, the current government have gutted CIC like a pumpkin on Halloween but still... Disgusting. I letter will be going out to the Immigration Minister.
CIC deliver disgusting service with every application.

I'd save the time and effort of writing a letter. CIC has no reason to evolve or change.
Old Mar 13th 2015, 4:38 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
Just back from identity verification and test in Scarborough - were told to expect invite to ceremony in 2-4 months.
Hopefully you'll be at the front end of that.

I was fortunate when I went in for my exam that they had a vacancy the following week.
Old Mar 15th 2015, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Mrs Ali is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roxye3
Hey Mrs Ali.

I can't talk for CiC in Alberta but I was in the same boat as you. What I can tell you is that once they approved my application it did not take long for them to schedule me for my oath ceremony. Your application is probably in cueue to be scheduled so I would say not long now. I am hoping that you get an April Ceremony. Good luck and keep us posted.

Roxy
Thanks Roxy for ur reply. I hope too dat it wont take long now.. Did u get an email, mail or phone call? And congratulations to u for the citizenship
Old Mar 15th 2015, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

I got a letter inviting me to a ceremony so that is the next thing you should receive.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

MissyDan will become famous soon enoughMissyDan will become famous soon enough

Does CIC send a letter acknowledging recipt of the application so that it can tracked online.

We sent our application in early Feb, photos were not stamped so resent mid Feb. According to the courier tracking it was received.

Since then we have not heard anything. Should I have received an acknowledgement has been received.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

We had acknowledgement letters 3 months after sending last June. So I wouldn't be surprised that you haven't heard yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.