CIC advice needed

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of
Unhappy CIC advice needed

Hi,

I wondered if someone could advise me in regards to our PR application. We had our medicals at the beginning of June 2008. At the end of July we received a request for extra medical info. This was submitted at the beginning of Sept. At the end of October CIC informed us that they had not received this information. When we produced our special delivery receipt they suddenly "found" our extra paperwork. Since then we have not heard from CIC other than an email on 2 December saying it was in the medical department still.

We sent CIC an email last week, asking about the status of our application, and as yet have yet had no reply. We are getting really frustrated with CIC now and are concerned that our paperwork is lost at the bottom of a large pile somewhere.

In terms of time frame we have just over four months left on our medicals now. It has been five months since they received the extra medical info they requested and on Feb 3 it will be three months since they "found" it again.

We are frustrated with their lack of communication. We are wondering if there is someone we can write to who can get to the bottom of this mess. However, we don't want to irritate them either, which then might influence our PR.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? We are aware that time is running out for us, as we obviously need at least two months the other side of PR in order to get our items shipped, move etc.

We are in such fragile states now, as we really expected to have moved by now and have spent literally every week since the end of June wondering if this is going to be the week ..... then we get to Friday again (Please don't tell us to think of something else, it really isn't that easy to)
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Rich-Jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CIC advice needed

We are in a very simular situation we had medicals at the end of July, we have sent several E-mails since, only had one reply which said my wife's medical had been furthered (whatever that means) asked for clarification on this and not heard a thing. (maybe we have the same officer):curse::curse:
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by luvmykids
Hi,

I wondered if someone could advise me in regards to our PR application. We had our medicals at the beginning of June 2008. At the end of July we received a request for extra medical info. This was submitted at the beginning of Sept. At the end of October CIC informed us that they had not received this information. When we produced our special delivery receipt they suddenly "found" our extra paperwork. Since then we have not heard from CIC other than an email on 2 December saying it was in the medical department still.

We sent CIC an email last week, asking about the status of our application, and as yet have yet had no reply. We are getting really frustrated with CIC now and are concerned that our paperwork is lost at the bottom of a large pile somewhere.

In terms of time frame we have just over four months left on our medicals now. It has been five months since they received the extra medical info they requested and on Feb 3 it will be three months since they "found" it again.

We are frustrated with their lack of communication. We are wondering if there is someone we can write to who can get to the bottom of this mess. However, we don't want to irritate them either, which then might influence our PR.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? We are aware that time is running out for us, as we obviously need at least two months the other side of PR in order to get our items shipped, move etc.

We are in such fragile states now, as we really expected to have moved by now and have spent literally every week since the end of June wondering if this is going to be the week ..... then we get to Friday again (Please don't tell us to think of something else, it really isn't that easy to)
We had a similar situation with our sons medical but when emailed them I got a very quick response to say that the medical had been submitted for further review. After 3 weeks I had heard nothing else and sent a further email at which point they emailed back to say that they had sent us out a final request letter (which turned out to be the passport request). We received this 3 January and got our visas yesterday.

My timelines are noted below. I would send another email asking for an update on the situation and if they require any further information from you to enable them to progress your application.

I think you are absolutely right though that it really depends which officer is dealing with your case. Best of Luck!

Michelle
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 4:02 pm
Account Closed

Silverkat is an unknown quantity at this point

We are experiencing the same thing.
We passed our meds in September, then we received a letter to pay the fee for PR (paid the same day). We thought things were going OK and then a week later they asked us for additional info for my wife.
Submitted the info end November and haven't heard anything since.
I emailed them to ask if they had received the additional info, they replied with a standard letter saying meds received and that we could pay the PR fees !!!
We wrote back telling them that we had paid the fee in October !
We wrote again this week with the receipt of the payment attached. Radio silence ever since !
Time is passing by and we would like to plan our move for the summer between schools. We have two teens in high school and need to enrol them either here or over there.
From what we've seen on different immigration forums they appear to be passing the new system apps before us. Some of these people are not even prepared for the speed at which their application is treated !
We get the impression that we've been put asside and that we are just numbers on a sheet of paper !
We are less and less sure that we wil be able to move this summer, before the meds deadline in September.
A removal of this importance needs planning a few months in advance at least.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

Thanks, it nice to hear that we're not in the boat alone - kind of makes it feel a little more bearable.

I, too, am fearing that we are being passed by for applicants who applied after Feb 08. This stinks, especially as they're literally at the end of our application. I have heard this evening that it can take them up to five months to assess some additional medical info, so maybe that news will be of use to some of you.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

Silverkat is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope it won't take them five months to answer us !
Have you paid the Permanent residence fees ? if so at what point did they ask you ? Did you get a receipt or confirmation of some sort ?
Anyway I hope you get your visas soon as you are further down the road than we are. Keep us posted.