choosing a visa office

Old Jul 10th 2002, 9:20 am
Marta

Default choosing a visa office

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if choosing a different visa office would help in this case. My
partner and I are applying for PR and we are residing in Poland (one of us is a dual
US-Polish citizen and one just Polish). We are wondering if applying in Paris instead
of Warsaw would help us avoid the long processing times in Warsaw? Or would it turn
out being the same or similar?

Also, I was wondering if anybody here applied through Warsaw and if so what was the
experience like in terms of processing times and in terms of submitting 6-12 months
of bank statements (also something we want to avoid)?

Thanks for any replies! Marta

Old Jul 10th 2002, 11:20 am
Rayx

Default Re: choosing a visa office

I have applied to London in july 2001, but in March 2002 my case was transffered to
Warsaw. I have heard that the total processing time in Warsaw is up to 3 years. I am
not sure if this information is true, but there are such rumours... Maybe You know
something more concrete....

Ray

Marta wrote:

> Hey everyone,
    >
    > I was wondering if choosing a different visa office would help in this case. My
    > partner and I are applying for PR and we are residing in Poland (one of us is a
    > dual US-Polish citizen and one just Polish). We are wondering if applying in Paris
    > instead of Warsaw would help us avoid the long processing times in Warsaw? Or would
    > it turn out being the same or similar?
    >
    > Also, I was wondering if anybody here applied through Warsaw and if so what was the
    > experience like in terms of processing times and in terms of submitting 6-12 months
    > of bank statements (also something we want to avoid)?
    >
    > Thanks for any replies! Marta

Old Jul 10th 2002, 1:20 pm
The Wizzard

I think that you cannot do this anymore under the new law. it states that you must
apply to the post responsibile for your country of citizenship or residence if you
have been residing in another country legally for more than a year. So i don't see
how you could apply anywhere else but warsaw if you are living in Poland.

"Rayx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I have applied to London in july 2001, but in March 2002 my case was transffered to
    > Warsaw. I have heard that the total processing time in Warsaw is up to 3 years. I
    > am not sure if this information is true, but there are such rumours... Maybe You
    > know something more concrete....
    >
    > Ray
    >
    > Marta wrote:
    >
    > > Hey everyone,
    > >
    > > I was wondering if choosing a different visa office would help in this case. My
    > > partner and I are applying for PR and we are residing in Poland (one of us is a
    > > dual US-Polish citizen and one just Polish). We are wondering if applying in
    > > Paris instead of Warsaw would help us avoid the long processing times in Warsaw?
    > > Or would it turn out being the same or similar?
    > >
    > > Also, I was wondering if anybody here applied through Warsaw and if so what was
    > > the experience like in terms of processing times and in terms of submitting 6-12
    > > months of bank statements (also something we want to avoid)?
    > >
    > > Thanks for any replies! Marta

Old Jul 10th 2002, 3:20 pm
Jaj

The poster says that one partner is a dual US-Polish citizen, so an application to
Buffalo might be possible. But:

- Presenting Polish education and work experience to Buffalo would increase the
likelihood of an interview being needed.

- The interview would need to be held in the US, which would cost money and the
non-US citizen partner would require a visa to get into the US.

- Buffalo isn't exactly quick these days, after being flooded with a lot of
applications from people working in the US on H1-Bs.

Jeremy

>On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:43:38 +0000 (UTC), "The Wizzard"
    ><[email protected]> wrote: I think that you cannot do this anymore
    >under the new law. it states that you must apply to the post responsibile for your
    >country of citizenship or residence if you have been residing in another country
    >legally for more than a year. So i don't see how you could apply anywhere else but
    >warsaw if you are living in Poland.
    >
    >
    >"Rayx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> I have applied to London in july 2001, but in March 2002 my case was transffered
    >> to Warsaw. I have heard that the total processing time in Warsaw is up to 3 years.
    >> I am not sure if this information is true, but there are such rumours... Maybe You
    >> know something more concrete....
    >>
    >> Ray
    >>
    >> Marta wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hey everyone,
    >> >
    >> > I was wondering if choosing a different visa office would help in this case. My
    >> > partner and I are applying for PR and we are residing in Poland (one of us is a
    >> > dual US-Polish citizen and one just Polish). We are wondering if applying in
    >> > Paris instead of Warsaw would help us avoid the long processing times in Warsaw?
    >> > Or would it turn out being the same or similar?
    >> >
    >> > Also, I was wondering if anybody here applied through Warsaw and if so what was
    >> > the experience like in terms of processing times and in terms of submitting 6-12
    >> > months of bank statements (also something we want to avoid)?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for any replies! Marta
    >

Old Jul 12th 2002, 11:20 am
Marta

Thanks everyone for your comments!

On a side note, in our case (Polish-American and Polish citizen immigrating together)
Buffalo is kind of out of the question. At this point, my Polish partner has no US
visa and little chance of receiving one. Obviously, we wouldn't apply in Buffalo not
knowing whether the US will grant her a visa.

Cheers! Marta

[email protected] (JAJ) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > The poster says that one partner is a dual US-Polish citizen, so an application to
    > Buffalo might be possible. But:
    >
    > - Presenting Polish education and work experience to Buffalo would increase the
    > likelihood of an interview being needed.
    >
    > - The interview would need to be held in the US, which would cost money and the
    > non-US citizen partner would require a visa to get into the US.
    >
    > - Buffalo isn't exactly quick these days, after being flooded with a lot of
    > applications from people working in the US on H1-Bs.
    >
    >
    > Jeremy
    >
    >
    > >On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:43:38 +0000 (UTC), "The Wizzard"
    > ><[email protected]> wrote: I think that you cannot do this anymore
    > >under the new law. it states that you must apply to the post responsibile for your
    > >country of citizenship or residence if you have been residing in another country
    > >legally for more than a year. So i don't see how you could apply anywhere else but
    > >warsaw if you are living in Poland.
    > >
    > >
    > >"Rayx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> I have applied to London in july 2001, but in March 2002 my case was transffered
    > >> to Warsaw. I have heard that the total processing time in Warsaw is up to 3
    > >> years. I am not sure if this information is true, but there are such rumours...
    > >> Maybe You know something more concrete....
    > >>
    > >> Ray
    > >>
    > >> Marta wrote:
    > >>
    > >> > Hey everyone,
    > >> >
    > >> > I was wondering if choosing a different visa office would help in this case.
    > >> > My partner and I are applying for PR and we are residing in Poland (one of us
    > >> > is a dual US-Polish citizen and one just Polish). We are wondering if applying
    > >> > in Paris instead of Warsaw would help us avoid the long processing times in
    > >> > Warsaw? Or would it turn out being the same or similar?
    > >> >
    > >> > Also, I was wondering if anybody here applied through Warsaw and if so what
    > >> > was the experience like in terms of processing times and in terms of
    > >> > submitting 6-12 months of bank statements (also something we want to avoid)?
    > >> >
    > >> > Thanks for any replies! Marta
    > >>
    > >