Childrens Passports

Old Jan 1st 2006, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

simon_healy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Childrens Passports

I hope someone can help me. We are waiting for our PPR and have noticed that our childrens passports expire in Feb of 07.

If we get our passport request after feb, they will have less than a year left on their passports. CIC say on their site that passports should have at least 1 year left on them for visa's to be added. (We got their passports when we started the process) Would it be advisable to get new passports for them now? Or does the one year rule only matter for the adult passports?
Old Jan 1st 2006, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Childrens Passports

Originally Posted by simon_healy
I hope someone can help me. We are waiting for our PPR and have noticed that our childrens passports expire in Feb of 07.

If we get our passport request after feb, they will have less than a year left on their passports. CIC say on their site that passports should have at least 1 year left on them for visa's to be added. (We got their passports when we started the process) Would it be advisable to get new passports for them now? Or does the one year rule only matter for the adult passports?

Hi. in the same position myself! youngest childs passport runs out july 06. Should i renew now and send CIC new passport number
Anyone out there know what we should do for the best??
Old Jan 1st 2006, 11:23 am
Just Joined

sellars is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter's Passport was to expire in April, 06. I got new passport for her prior to medical test in Oct, 05.

I sent an email with details of new passport and old passport to CHC, London in Oct, 05. I did not receive any reply from CHC till now. I consider CHC london does not have any problem with it.

It may be good to get new passport / it renewed, prior to visa stamping to avoid unnecessary problems at later date.

Sellars
Old Jan 1st 2006, 1:27 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sellars
My daughter's Passport was to expire in April, 06. I got new passport for her prior to medical test in Oct, 05.

I sent an email with details of new passport and old passport to CHC, London in Oct, 05. I did not receive any reply from CHC till now. I consider CHC london does not have any problem with it.

It may be good to get new passport / it renewed, prior to visa stamping to avoid unnecessary problems at later date.

As far as I know CIC will reduce the time you have to 'land' in Canada if passport is going to expire within less than 12 months. I don't know how it works with child passports.

It's easy to get a new British passport in the UK - if you're British, renew the child's passport now.

Jeremy
Old Jan 1st 2006, 3:50 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
As far as I know CIC will reduce the time you have to 'land' in Canada if passport is going to expire within less than 12 months. I don't know how it works with child passports.

It's easy to get a new British passport in the UK - if you're British, renew the child's passport now.

Jeremy
Your visa will expire on the anniversary of the medical examination, or its extension, or the date of expiry of your passports. It is therefore unlikely that the originator of this thread will need new passports.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 4:21 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Hi All,

Please correct me if i`m wrong here, but what do you do if your pass port expires when you land in the first year or two in Canada. Can you apply for a Canadian pass port or can you still apply for a UK pass port as you are not deemed to be a Canadian citizen until you have lived xx number of years out of 5 or some thing like that in Canada,

Does this mean you are stuck there until you can get your Canadian Passport? What if you need to go back for a family emergency?
Old Jan 1st 2006, 4:26 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sutherlands
Hi All,

Please correct me if i`m wrong here, but what do you do if your pass port expires when you land in the first year or two in Canada. Can you apply for a Canadian pass port or can you still apply for a UK pass port as you are not deemed to be a Canadian citizen until you have lived xx number of years out of 5 or some thing like that in Canada,

Does this mean you are stuck there until you can get your Canadian Passport? What if you need to go back for a family emergency?
If your passport expires after landing then just apply for a new one from your country of citizenship.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 4:32 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Thank you Jim Humphries, for that quick reply..
Old Jan 1st 2006, 5:42 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sutherlands
Hi All,

You are *never* deemed to be a Canadian citizen unless and until you apply for and are granted Canadian citizenship. You can do this after 3 years in Canada.

Once you are a Canadian citizen you can apply for a Canadian passport.

If you are a British citizen you do not lose this status when you become Canadian, so you can always get a new UK passport. No problem normally having both UK and Canadian passports.

The British High Commission in Ottawa will be pleased to issue you a new British passport on completion of the required forms, documentation plus fee.

Jeremy
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:20 pm
and Twitchy

Nickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura about

Hi we've just bee through that same predicament.

Had passport requests but found our youngest child had less than a year on his passport.

We quickly applied for a new one for him, delivered it by hand to the London CHC. Had it all back a week later complete with Visas for a family of 5. Absolutely over the moon. Looking forward to going to Canada in January for a recce.

Oh yeh we had the passports back quickly to. theres no waitng at the moment....it seems.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:46 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
You are *never* deemed to be a Canadian citizen unless and until you apply for and are granted Canadian citizenship. You can do this after 3 years in Canada.

Jeremy
Jeremy (or anyother 'expert'),

Do you actually know of anyone who has become a canadian citizen in 3 years? As I understand it you can only START the process after being deemed as resident in Canada for 1095 days?

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 8:20 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Jeremy (or anyother 'expert'),

Do you actually know of anyone who has become a canadian citizen in 3 years? As I understand it you can only START the process after being deemed as resident in Canada for 1095 days?

Other than children, no, as it takes 12-15 months to process the application up to the oath. Also some athletes.

PMM