Children from a previous marriage

Old Jul 5th 2012, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Children from a previous marriage

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
No grovelling required. Ask and, if the former partner refuses, make an Application to the Court for permission to relocate. If the Court believes it is in the child's best interest to allow such a thing, it will be permitted.
But doesnt that cost money and time?
The rules are in place for a reason. So in 4 years time the kids now dont want to live with the parent in the other country and now want to move to Canada to be with the other parent. I bet then you wish you had included them in any application.
Yes exes can be vindictive etc etc but do it the correct way and eventually these problems go away.
They are children its not their fault adults cant get on with each other.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 4:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by castra
For the reasons I have explained, no ex partner whould have any say in a former partners emigration process. The scope for vindictiveness is plenty under the current process.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree. Personally, I think it's right that mothers/fathers get a say in whether their children are ok to be left behind while the other parent moves abroad.

I understand your point perfectly, and unfortunately there are many parents who will refuse just to be spiteful and because relationships have soured, but there are also probably many who just don't want their children to be brought up without a mother/father around as much etc.

Old Jul 5th 2012, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
But doesnt that cost money and time?
The rules are in place for a reason. So in 4 years time the kids now dont want to live with the parent in the other country and now want to move to Canada to be with the other parent. I bet then you wish you had included them in any application.
Yes exes can be vindictive etc etc but do it the correct way and eventually these problems go away.
They are children its not their fault adults cant get on with each other.
I made no comment about the application, I was merely pointing out that there is no need to grovel to a vindictive ex